Thread: Disabled ski patroller

Adaptive Sports Forums.com
    http://adaptivesportsforums.com
    Non-commercial adaptive sports user community

Yeah, great article My395. That guy's great, I wish I could do that.

very inspiring
    Last edited by arndog; 04-14-2012 at 08:12 PM. Reason: see below #9

You guys need to visit Crested Butte to fully understand. That town is like no other, in a good way. People live there because it's a mountain paradise. "Desk jobs" don't keep anyone from getting out & being active.

Jake & Noah (9000ft) both know Jim.

I lived in CB part of last year.

illinois, and no, chicago is not anywhere near where i live
    Quote Originally Posted by arndog View Post
    Dispatch - a good sedentary job for a gimp. I guess he can feel like he is part of the patrol even though in reality he has a indoor desk job. Kind of like a window washer at the brothel. I like the no cell phone, email life style. Wonder if he uses the wonderful tool of the WWW? I think there is another dude who contributes here from C.B. - 9000 ft was his handle I think. Then there is Jake, who builds really nice mountain hand cycles there. You got to be hardy to handle the winters there.
    Well, you're quite the ass with that statement
    Last edited by jschism; 04-13-2012 at 12:36 PM.

At one time 30+ years ago the mayor of CB was a gimp- twice. First he burned off some of his fingers trying to put out his motorcycle, that was on fire. Then he got paralyzed, but I don't remember how.

Quote Originally Posted by -scott- View Post
    You guys need to visit Crested Butte to fully understand. That town is like no other, in a good way. People live there because it's a mountain paradise. "Desk jobs" don't keep anyone from getting out & being active.

Jake & Noah (9000ft) both know Jim.

I lived in CB part of last year.
    It is high on my list of places to visit. I love CO mountain towns and CB sounds great. With any luck, I will make it next ski season.
    Adaptive Sports Forums.com
    http://adaptivesportsforums.com
    Non-commercial adaptive sports user community

Quote Originally Posted by My395 View Post
    It is high on my list of places to visit. I love CO mountain towns and CB sounds great. With any luck, I will make it next ski season.
    Worth it.

Let me know if you need advice on where to stay if you go. My wife and I know a lot of the properties in the area.

jschism and all -
    I would like to apologize for my first post. It does not read nice. It was after midnight when I picked up the computer and wrote that grumpy post and I shouldn't have written that in the first place. I am sorry for such a grumpy negative energy post - it is more a reflection on me than anything else.

I think it is inspirational that he is doing what he loves to do in a fantastic place as Crested Butte despite the physical challenges that he faces. He is a good role model for all.

I edited mine out but it remains in jschism quote. Again, please accept my apology for having a bad day.

We all have 'em Arn. It didn't sound like you so I figured it was just a bad day. You're a good man, we all beat ourselves up for after midnight grumpies.