Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Speedy Lift / Mazda 5

Speedy Lift / Mazda 5

I am lookint into buying a Speedy Lift and shipping it home for installation, but I have written Adapt Solutions several times and have never gotten a response. Anyone knows what is up with these people? Can anyone suggest the best place to buy if no installation is needed?

I would also consider installation in South Florida, but I have read that Mazda does not have a mobility discount. Still it is something I would consider.

Thanks.
    T6 complete (or so I think), SCI since September 21, 2003

have your called around florida to see who installs them in your area?

I live overseas. I could have the install done in SoFla (mainly because of the hand control) and have the van shipped overseas, so coordination and fluid communication is important. I have written Buddy┬┤s Sunset Mobility but likewise have gotten no response, which has not been unusual with B S M.

I begged Adapt-Solutions to sell to me directly but they insisted I use their dealer network. Sad to hear they do not even return your e-mails. This type of thing frustrates me to no end. They make good products (I use the SpeediLift and XL-Board) but it makes it hard to want to deal with any company that doesn't have the courtesy to respond to potential customers. I swear the disability businesses are the only ones that get away with ignoring their clientele and still stay in business. Have you tried calling them? If its not toll-free call them collect repeatedly until they answer.

If they don't give you any time and service before you buy, I doubt they will after.

Unfortunately it is the only product like that in the market. No response yet, not even a referral to a dealer. It is no surprise that all these rinky dinky places go out of business sooner rather than later.

I got a Mazda mobility discount. I think it was $750. That was in Canada, 3 years ago. I've never contacted Adapt Solutions directly (but they do respond to my dealer).

Hello Paramoto.
    I am the Manager at Adapt-Solutions.
    I am very sorry that you have not heard back from us. Our offices are currently closed; therefore I have not been able to make a thorough search for your previous emails. I will however make sure we find the reason for this unfortunate mistake and correct it first thing in the morning.
    I must admit that I am quite surprised that you have not heard back from us.
    We do our best to reply within 24 hours to all requests.
    I invite you to contact me directly, if you would like:
    My name is Gina Lewis and my email address can be found on our website. www.adapt-solutions.ca (under contact us)

Again, my sincere apologies for this and I hope to be able to help you find a way to obtain the solutions you are looking for.

Best regards,

Gina Lewis

Add me to the list there Gina,

I left a voicemail, and sent an email to y'all requesting some info, many weeks ago, never heard a word back from either.

I know y'all got my email, because the dealer I am working with down here, told me that when he called to request the same info, y'all specifically told him that it sounded like he was requesting the same info that I had requested.

I suppose you can get away with not answering by saying that I got my info thru the dealer, but that is not a release from common courtesy of acknowledging receipt of a customers inquiry.

I'd say you have your work cut out for ya in reaching that 24 hour response goal.
    "a T10, who'd Rather be ridin'; than rollin'"

I'm an "old timer" in a wheelchair, but new to Cure Care forum (thanks for all you guy's advice, btw). I'm looking for an easier way to load/unload my chair and Adapt Solutions has been kind enough to respond to several of my questions about the speedy-lift, very quickly! In fact, I'm attempting to get the speedy-lift on the "approved" list of modified devices with DARS (dept. assistive rehab svcs, Texas).

After all, Big Brother would like me to keep working I suppose.

Anyway, I just wanted to post that. I just emailed one of the contacts on the website and they have been very helpful with my questions.