Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: icon

icon

I'm supposed to get a demo icon chair this Friday. I was supposed to get a Marvel one but I wanted to try out the icon before deciding. If I like it I can keep it. Just wondering if anyone has used both chairs and which they prefer.

Quote Originally Posted by arod636 View Post
    I'm supposed to get a demo icon chair this Friday. I was supposed to get a Marvel one but I wanted to try out the icon before deciding. If I like it I can keep it. Just wondering if anyone has used both chairs and which they prefer.
    Really? There are demo Icon's rolling around the Bay Area? Where does one find them?

I'm waiting on a demo they said is coming into the bay area sometime this month. I'm over in Hayward, WoSM/Berkeley is supposed to be getting one in I think.

Let me know if you like it, arod, I'm curious as to what you think

Tried the Marvel didn't like it at all. My feet didn't fit good in the wing. Been in an Icon for almost 4 months now and wouldn't trade it for anything. Also Icon customer support is top notch.

I was an early adopter of the Marvel chair, and still own one. It doesn't see much use, though, I like that it's 3 years old and still looks like it just got unboxed.

If you can be fitted properly around your feet and ankles by someone who knows the chair well, (and has the appropriate fork/seat pan spacer kits and both size footrests to work with), it can be a terrific chair.

For my mileage, I'd rather have an Icon, though.

He who hears not me but the Logos will say: All is one.

illinois, and no, chicago is not anywhere near where i live
    I've been using my Icon since Xmas and it has been great, haven't had to tighten or adjust anything since I got it dialed in. It's been holding up real well and my chairs take a beating.

I'm going through Wheelchairs of San Mateo. I got approved for a marvel through my insurance. I talked to Antonio about the icon and we got in contact with Jeff over at Icon about getting a demo out chair out here.

I have a marvel and love it. took me dailing it in. althou I think you'll love the icon even more. marvels can be abit of a pain to get parts. I got the Q7 and its been nothing but problems since day one. so now my OT's going for the ICON.

I should be able to try my Icon out this month too. I already tried it at the last Abilities Expo and was nuts over it. The problem was the original (narrow) wing didn't fit me. So I'm expecting that with the wide wing it will fit perfect. I'll be letting everyone know how it goes. Very excited.

Maybe we'll get together a Bay Area Icon Owners Club :-)

I'll be in the Bay Area from the afternoon of the 24th to the afternoon of the 26th, and can arrange some demo/trials and personal fittings while I'm there. Mark Marrott (our NW rep) will be there for a bit longer, and will be working with Wheelchairs of San Mateo to arrange some show and tells. I'll likely be at WofSM for most of the time, but we're visiting at the VA in Palo Alto and some other area dealers also.

jeff@iconwheelchairs.com is the best way to reach me to make arrangements, or get in touch with Antonio at:

808 Burlway Road #7 - Burlingame, CA 94010
    650-342-4864

Marvel v. Icon?

Icon. Hands down.