Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: v front verse tapered

My mom and I have a tapered front end.

I haven't ever really noticed that area of the frame getting in the way of anything, and for vanity reasons, since I always wear jeans long enough to cover my heels, I think it makes it look more streamlined.
    An administrator made me remove my signature.

I rest the backs of my calves on my frame on purpose... Doesn't hurt me. Usually it's my left leg (due to knee pain) but occasionally my right leg. I don't have sci so full sensation in my lower body.
    Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.

thanks yall ill ost pics when i get it im thinkin v front i have tapered now and the v will be a change
    to alcohol the cause of-and solution to-all of lifes problems [homer simpson]

Quote Originally Posted by t8burst View Post
    I have a tapered front end and like it. Keeps my legs from splaying:

Don't have sensation so don't feel any pressure.
    How much of a taper do you have, T8?
    Every day I wake up is a good one

Quote Originally Posted by cheesecake View Post
    I don't know t8's taper, but a is taper basically a kink, and the overall appearance depends on the foot width (with the degree of narrowing/frt angle determined by the feet relative to seat width).

So a 17" wide seat with a 8" width footrest will have a greater angle in both a V or tapered front than a 17" seat with a 11" footrest.

I don't know his exact measurements but you can infer from the dimensions of his chair that Tom's got very wide child bearing hips and very teeny feet.

Ti-Lite has a formula based on the seat width. My DME is telling me that a 3.5 taper is very drastic. Unfortunately the formula leaves me with a 13/14 inch wide footrest which is wider than I want.
    Every day I wake up is a good one

Ti-Lite has a formula based on the seat width. My DME is telling me that a 3.5 taper is very drastic. Unfortunately the formula leaves me with a 13/14 inch wide footrest which is wider than I want.
    I have a 16in wide chair and a 12 inch footrest, so my taper if 4inches. I like how the small footrest keeps my legs from splaying.

t

Quote Originally Posted by chick View Post
    It's having correct height, more so than width of footplate.
    I`m assuming you are going to have the correct height of footplate, because is adjustable and guys could adjust it to the correct height, but once you`ve got it adjusted to your correct height if you have a wider footrest than you need, your foot will splaying through the footrest from side to side in your rides, specially outdoors when have to go down&up curbs, something that i hate, because i had that problem in my first "active chair" Quickie gtx.
    So the problem is not the height because that is adjustable, the problem comes when you order an incorrect footrest width, because that isn`t adjustable.
    This was me trying a Quickie Q7, that footrest would give me splaying problems even with the correct height adjusted.

Go for a V front and you choice the wide of footrest you want.
    Last edited by totoL1; 07-05-2012 at 06:29 AM.

you can get as much taper as u want. my zr's and new tr are 17 wide tapered to 11 in foot. its not on the sheet, i just write it in.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer