Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Vote for Shannon

This young man has a COMMANDING lead in the vote tally -- more than 5x the votes of Shannon. CC is going to have to really put the pedal to metal to help Shannon to first place. There's still time.

Voting ends May 13, 2012.

Just sent 5 more!

Quote Originally Posted by stephen212 View Post
    This young man has a COMMANDING lead in the vote tally -- more than 5x the votes of Shannon. CC is going to have to really put the pedal to metal to help Shannon to first place. There's still time.

I don't know how he is doing it! Sounds like he's a very likable guy, so he's probably got his entire school voting for him. There is another high school kid who is also doing really well (vote wise).

Quote Originally Posted by patd View Post
    Just sent 5 more!

Thank you!

Tomorrow I'm going to be printing up some flyers and posting them on bulletin boards around Portland. Would anyone be interested in posting some of them where you live? Suggestions for where you could put them - your church, work, school, coffee shop, library. I would be more than happy to send you as many as you'd like. If interested, just message me your address and how many you'd like. I'll pop them in the mail to you tomorrow! Thanks so much!

Still have a month left. I haven't read all the replies here, but have you been on the local news? Or a story in the local newspaper? That would drive up your vote a lot. I'd call them and explain what's going on, they might do a human interest type of story on it. Good luck Shannon!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    I don't know how he is doing it! Sounds like he's a very likable guy, so he's probably got his entire school voting for him. There is another high school kid who is also doing really well (vote wise).
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    That is awesome Linda! Thank you so much!

Bente, I truly appreciate your help! Even if it gets just one of your Norwegian friends to vote, I'm very grateful. : )

Everyone, thank you!!!

http://www.nmeda.com/mobility-awaren...shannon-thomas
    Does your news station have a facebook page?

What if we all posted it to our news stations facebook pages asking people to vote?

The local station here in nowhere land has a wall and people might click on it. Its worth a shot...you think?
    T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by stephen212 View Post

Jay has the state of Indiana and GA behind him as well as Duke University
    Every day I wake up is a good one

Two of my Norwegian friends are voting, one with CP and the other one is my old SCI nurse, we are friends at facebook.
    TH 12, 43 years post

The family from my town that I posted earlier in this thread was on the front page of the paper to get people to vote. They are currently in 9th place. So far they've been all over facebook, the news & now newspaper. Just wanted to give you a heads-up on what others are doing to get their votes...I'd for sure contact your local newspaper about this contest.
    Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get.