Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Vote for Shannon

Vote for Shannon

She has been here for ages, helping other people and she really needs a new van

http://www.nmeda.com/mobility-awaren...shannon-thomas
    TH 12, 43 years post

Thank you Bente!

I'd like everyone to know why I don't come here very often anymore. It can be a pretty depressing place. I think Betheny's son dying is what pushed me over the top.

I think CC is a wonderful place. I've learned so much here. I've made friends here who I truly love. But all the deaths really got to me. So I've needed to stay away.

When Bente said on FB that she posted here, I figured I should come and at least say hello!

Of course I would love your vote in the contest. I've been having lots of problems with my van. I have not told many people this, but about 6 months ago the door motor broke. Because of this, there were times when I was stuck either inside or outside the van. I often had to ask strangers to help me. It wasn't good, and there were many times when I honestly just wanted to stay home and never leave the house again. But, I have a 14 year old daughter. So that was not an option.

I got the door fixed recently (thanks to Voc Rehab). But the van is 15 years old, has over 100,000 miles on it, and it's only a matter of time before something else goes wrong. And when that happens, I won't have the money to fix it. Voc Rehab won't pay for more repairs now that I have a job. I didn't know what I was going to do, and then I was told about this contest. I'm cautiously optimistic that I'll win. I submitted my video only yesterday and I'm already in the top 10%!

Also with thanks to Voc Rehab, I found out what I really want to do with my life. My daughter will be graduating high school in 3 years, and that got me wondering what my new passion in life would be. So I took this class through Voc Rehab that explored my interests, strengths, and weaknesses, and I found out that I would really love to do ADA Consulting. If I win the van, that is what I will do! I already even have a mentor who is a wheeler and has been doing it for years here in Portland! I'm very excited about this possibility. If I don't win the van, I won't be able to do it because my van is far too unreliable and troublesome.

So if you'd give me your vote, I would be so grateful. You can vote once a day until May 13th. Also, one time that you vote, you can enter the code 935 and that gives me 5 extra votes!

And if you want to help even more, you could share my video with your friends/family/churches/facebook friends, etc, and encourage them to vote and share.

Thank you so much! <3

Good to see your avatar Shannon, I've wondered how you are.
    Good luck and we will get voting on this.
    I see you can vote daily-lets keep bumping this to the top to remind people.
    I'm only sorry it has to be a contest to get what you need.
    Last edited by LindaT; 04-08-2012 at 08:39 PM. Reason: adding comment

done.
    In the minute or so it took me to open the window & vote, there were an additional 9 votes.
    - Richard

Where is the "like" button?

Just Voted, hopefully you will get the new van Shannon.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Done

You're awesome, Shannon! Good luck!

Done Shannon!! Good to hear from you.
    T7-8 since Feb 2005

Voted.

Hope you win it!
    Aerodynamically, the bumble bee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn't know that, so it goes on flying anyways--Mary Kay Ash

Done, we miss you here girl. Sure understand the emotions getting wanked by some of the threads here. I feel many here are like family and wish I could do more to help ease their pain.