Thread: 4ap questions and where to get it from?

4ap questions and where to get it from?

I have been up and down and all around this forum reading old and new posts about 4ap. I had a few extra questions that hasn't been answered yet. Is there any major withdrawal symptoms if getting of it? I suffered from ADEM, would it be worthwhile for me to try? If I do decide to trey it, can it hurt me by lets say relapse, even though it ha been 7 years since onset? Can 4ap help strengthen nerve signals long term so maybe one day I wont have to rely on the drug? And finally, I live in Northern California, does anybody know of a doctor who is out here that has experience with 4ap that i can contact? thank you

Quote Originally Posted by WantAsTableLife View Post
    I have been up and down and all around this forum reading old and new posts about 4ap. I had a few extra questions that hasn't been answered yet. Is there any major withdrawal symptoms if getting of it? I suffered from ADEM, would it be worthwhile for me to try? If I do decide to trey it, can it hurt me by lets say relapse, even though it ha been 7 years since onset? Can 4ap help strengthen nerve signals long term so maybe one day I wont have to rely on the drug? And finally, I live in Northern California, does anybody know of a doctor who is out here that has experience with 4ap that i can contact? thank you
    WantasTableLife,

You need to get a doctor to prescribe it to you. Acorda Therapeutic markets the drug and it is called Ampyra. It is approved by the FDA for multiple sclerosis. A doctor can prescribe it for you to see if it is helpful since acute disseminated encephalomyelitis (this is what I assume you mean by ADEM) involved demyelination and is closely related to multiple sclerosis. The doctor can get all the information about how to prescribe the drug and complications from the company.

Wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Young View Post
    WantasTableLife,

You need to get a doctor to prescribe it to you. Acorda Therapeutic markets the drug and it is called Ampyra. It is approved by the FDA for multiple sclerosis. A doctor can prescribe it for you to see if it is helpful since acute disseminated encephalomyelitis (this is what I assume you mean by ADEM) involved demyelination and is closely related to multiple sclerosis. The doctor can get all the information about how to prescribe the drug and complications from the company.

Wise.
    Thank you for the reply. I have been reading that the quick release has gotten better results then Ampyra. I may be wrong. Yes, thats what I had. I have medicaid, will it be covered since my illness is close to MS? Can any doctor prescribe it or only neuro?