Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: the best news ever posted on this forum...WAKE UP FORUM.

the best news ever posted on this forum...WAKE UP FORUM.

So, in summary, Dr. Xu has taken the concept of combination therapies probably further than anybody else in the field. He has developed a remarkable preparation that showed that the spinal cord can be bridged, that axons grow into bridges containing matrigel and Schwann cells, that GDNF remarkably recruited even more axons into the bridge, and that combination neurotrophins (NT-3 and BDNF) or CABC allowed axons to grow out of the bridge and innervate cells on the other side of the bridge.

Schmeky, the implication is that combination therapies work. If DA were here, he would be jumping up and down because this is what he has been wanting to see. These are very important and well-done studies. This is what turns the heads of scientists and convince them that they want to do combination therapies as well. GDNF and CABC. That is a potentially feasible combination with OEG. Wise.

Jim Guest at the Miami Project is doing OEG studies in animals and hopes to take it to clinical trial when the animal studies are completed. He has successfully cultured human adult OEG cells from both the nasal mucosa and the olfactory bulb of cadavers (organ donors). He has also developed new and minimally invasive methods of getting the cells and transplanting the cells. It is quite exciting. Wise.

[DA, I edited this statement slightly]

[This message was edited by Wise Young on 11-11-03 at 04:53 PM.]

I agree, DA... I'm waiting for Dr. Young to get back and post his overall thoughts on both meetings.

-Steven

[This message was edited by Steven Edwards on 11-09-03 at 08:54 PM.]

only 5-10 years until phase 1 clinical trial ple-planning start...hold on

sherman brayton

Brayton,

You may be right. However, the most aggressive approach seems to be coming from China, with over 1.2 million SCI's and climbing. SCI research is a hot topic (worldwide) and is a do-able in the future. If you (or I) don't benefit, that's OK. Think about your nephews, nieces, etc. that probably will never suffer like you and I have.

Apparently your e-mail doesn't work.

hell naw, im talking as little as 18 months for the full cure. not half cure, not 2 levels, but full cure.

DA, I'm so glad you got there. Your optimism is infectious! You were our eyes and ears. And oh, btw, the pics of you are great, you handsome devil

- Bruce

DA is correct. This is good news

George Croushorn

Originally posted by DA:

hell naw, im talking as little as 18 months for the full cure. not half cure, not 2 levels, but full cure.
    I hope you're right.

_____
    Learn from the mistakes of others, you won't live long enough to make all of them yourself.

Like I said originally, 2-3 years

"Failure is impossible"

Originally posted by DA:

Hey DA, is your comment above based on the combo experiment Dr. Xu is doin and wut Miami Project has done?

Anyhow, you brought great news, it made my day!