Thread: Let's cure spinal cord injury now

Let's cure spinal cord injury now

LET'S CURE SPINAL CORD INJURY NOW

Mike Janssen, Yahoo! Contributor Network
    Apr 7, 2012 "Share your voice on Yahoo! websites. Start Here."

"You will never walk again!" That is the life sentence that's handed down to around 12,000 Americans every year who suffer a spinal cord injury. Most of these victims are only teenagers, kids just starting out in life. Instead of getting ready to go out on their own they now have to face life from a wheelchair, often with the almost constant need of assistance just to do some of the simplest tasks. Their injuries range from the paraplegic, with the loss of the use of their legs and lower body, to the high quadriplegic, like Christopher Reeve was, who can do little more than move their heads and need a ventilator to even breathe.

So what does the medical community have to offer these unfortunate people? Just a bunch of adaptive equipment and this advice- You need to accept your injury and get on with your life because this is the way it's going to be.

Well, there are a bunch of people in the Spinal Cord Society who aren't buying it. We realize this is how it is for now but we don't accept that this is how it has to be. Most importantly, we recognize that if we are going to find our way out of this darkness, we need to help lead the way. What we're talking about is a CURE for spinal cord injury.

continue...

http://voices.yahoo.com/lets-cure-sp...-11177030.html

I dont no who he is but I like the way he talks.

Google shows a family doc etc etc

http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...W_noNO363NO363

Spinal Cord Society are cure pioneers.
    They've been at it for a long time and they appear to have a very "go at it alone" attitude.
    When I interviewed Noela Vallis of the New Zealand Spinal Cord Society, this is where she got her interest going.
    I think the 'we'll do it all ourselves' attitude is what limits them, b ut they were talking about cure and working on cure when the world thought cure was a dream
    Dennis Tesolat
    www.StemCellsandAtomBombs.blogspot.com

"Change does not roll in on the wheels of inevitability, but comes through continuous struggle. And so we must straighten our backs and work for our freedom."
    Martin Luther King

Politicians are eager to throw away money and limbs on wars but not keep people intact or spend the money on providing the best standard of living possible.
    Hi there, I'm only 20 years old but I'm creating my own disabled driving organization - it's growing rapidly everyday and currently features hundreds of pages of useful content you can't find elsewhere.

Visit my hand controls website for more information.

Or you can visit my website's blog where I outline what's happening and my plans for the future.

You can also see my story here.

These fellows are on the right track. On looking at the website that ubiquitous word "rat" occurs again!
    2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.