Thread: Tweet from Shepard Center

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Tweet from Shepard Center

I received a tweet from the Shepard Center stating that "Someone was posting hoorible things about me" with a link. Like a moron I clicked while on my Droid.

So, I clicked before thinking and am assuming it's a bogus hack thing. Any suggestions?
    Get involved in politics as if your life depended on it, because it does. -- Justin Dart

I shall not tolerate ignorance or hate speech on this site.

Quote Originally Posted by Liz321 View Post
    I received a tweet from the Shepard Center stating that "Someone was posting hoorible things about me" with a link. Like a moron I clicked while on my Droid.

So, I clicked before thinking and am assuming it's a bogus hack thing. Any suggestions?
    Mobile phone "viruses" are BS cooked up by people trying to sell you anti-virus software you don't need. I wouldn't worry about it.

South Side of the Potomac ..... IN A VAN DOWN BY THE RIVER

Ikee

Quote Originally Posted by t8burst View Post
    Mobile phone "viruses" are BS cooked up by people trying to sell you anti-virus software you don't need. I wouldn't worry about it.
    Give it time.

http://www.pcworld.com/businesscente...wallpaper.html

Quote Originally Posted by ColonusFan View Post
    Yep, if you disable the protections built into the phones you leave yourself wide open:

However, the worm, known as Ikee, is only a threat to users who have jaibroken their phones to let them run unauthorized software, security experts say.
    Anti-virus software for phones is a rip off. Take the 10 bucks or whatever it costs, light it on fire as an offering to the cell phone gods and you will have gotten the same amount of value for your money.

t8burst - your response and profile picture go absolutely perfect together! it made me laugh, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by markg View Post
    t8burst - your response and profile picture go absolutely perfect together! it made me laugh, thanks!
    Glad you liked it. I haven't seen you around, welcome to care cure.