Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Few Questions about buying a Tilite TR

I calculated the price of a chair here in Australia... Was gonna cost in the vacinity of $11K... I can't see dealers selling demo chairs under $5K may as well get one off Bike On or SportAid for $6K. It will have the exact specs I ask for and all the options I need and some extravagance as well...

Apart from dealer support, I can't justify the extra cost... I'm in America every 6 months or so, so it's easy to take some time to fly to whereever Tilite is and get the help I need directly from the manufacturer...

If I was gonna get an ex demo, I'd get one off eBay, I am seriously considering getting a ZRA to find measurements that suit me. Cant go wrong really. Just have to wait for one thats close to my seat measurements...
    Last edited by Mutley; 04-27-2012 at 06:53 PM.

Has anyone got one leg longer than the other? if so how do you build your chair around it? Do you just have the footplate so it's short enough for the shorter leg? If so is there any risk of putting more pressure on other parts of your legs/bum/lower body?

SCI_OTR modified his footrest for different leg lengths.

Attachment 44789
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Madsen View Post
    Isn't the Tr3 coming out soon. If so , you may get a good deal on a demo from him.
    sat in it and rode around in it on sat at the NY Expo as well as about 5-6 other chairs including the Icon. will write somethin up here in a day or 2 as soon as i get some time. Ti told me end June/mid July on the TR3

I'll most likely be ordering about the time the TR3 comes out anyhow... Still thinking of getting a ZRA off eBay to play with and tweek till I find all the sweet spots... Just a matter of waiting for the right ZRA to come along

Quote Originally Posted by chasmengr View Post
    SCI_OTR modified his footrest for different leg lengths.

Attachment 44789
    I think I'll need ABS a lot thicker than this unfortunately.. Theres about 4 inch difference between the left and right leg

Quote Originally Posted by Mutley View Post
    I think I'll need ABS a lot thicker than this unfortunately.. Theres about 4 inch difference between the left and right leg
    What I'd try is ordering the footrest for the long leg, then secure a nice block of weather-resistant wood (e.g., red wood) to half the width of the foot rest for the short leg. I'm sure TiLite could custom fabricate something for you, but they'd $charge$ you for it.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Gonna experiment with some diamond plate aluminium getting some from a scrap metal business tomorow. See how that goes...