Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PARAS AND DR. HUANG

PARAS AND DR. HUANG

DOES ANYONE KNOW OF ANY CASES OF PARAS BENIFITING FROM DR. HUANG'S PROCEDURE?? (B&B, SEXUAL FUNCTION, AB MUSCLES, ECT.)

davidh, I don't think there have been any paras (at least from the U.S.?) who have undergone this procedure.

I believe, however, that the criteria for candidacy is the same.

Maybe some of our resident paras can shed some light on this...

made contact but never got a reply

davidh - Many paras have had and benefitted from the procedure. For instance, the gentleman on the right in the picture at the top of Bob's and Tim's topics is a para.

The Americans so far were all cervical injuries.

~See you at the SCIWire-used-to-be-paralyzed Reunion ~

If I'm not mistaken, "the gentleman on the right" received a second round from Dr. Huang. I believe he's a t/12.

i'm a para T12 and planning on having this procedure in april of 04. if all goes as planned i will kept carecure posted every step of the way. lol gloria

Gloria,

I'll be following your progress after the surgery with great anticipation since I am also T12 para.

Can you tell me if your injury is faccid? Do you have any spasticity? Are you able to get a contraction with an AC stim machine? I'm curious to see how this operation works for lower-motor neuron injuries. Is yours a complete injury?

Sorry for so many questions. Best of luck with the planning and arrangements...April will be here before you know it. Get ready to make history!

Jan

Gloria

I did not know you were going! That makes me so happy! Make sure you take plenty of those Texas Oysters to eat on the plane! If you can't find any, just email me, and I'll send you some of the Alabama Oysters! They are both good and good for you! LOL Seriously, I am so excited for you!! Carol

Piglet sidled up to Pooh from behind. "Pooh!", he whispered. "Yes, Piglet?" "Nothing", said Piglet, taking Pooh's paw. "I just wanted to be sure of you."

I'm curious about paras too. I'm a t9 complete and I don't plan to go to China anytime soon, but it was be nice to hear what sort of experiences others have. Please keep us posted

"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all." - Oscar Wilde

Gloria,

My son, Richard, is a T12 paraplegic. I personally have been to Beijing twice to interview Dr. Huang's patients in March and August respectively. Out of the ten patients I've interviewed, three of them are T12 paras. My observation is T12 paras do not recover as significantly as those with higher level of injuries, e.g., as in CJO, Tim and Bob plus other higher level of paras.

I suggest that we request Dr. Huang kindly give a table summary of the recovery rate of T12 patients to this forum.

Suzanne