Thread: Opinions on pain management

Opinions on pain management

For the last year or so I've been taking hydrocodone2 or 3 times a day off and on For pain in my hip. It doesn't work all that great so Today a friend of mine brought down some peanut butter cookies made with marijuana oil or butter For me to try. However I'm a little nervous the last time I tried any marijuana was 30 years ago while in high school and it made me paranoid..

Has anyone tried something like this for pain? My friend said the cook told him to tell me I should start off with only half a cookie and go from there easier said than done if I get the munchies.
    Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway. .(John Wayne)

I think it depends on what kind it is. Some makes me really really burn and some doesn't. I am not real familiar with the different kinds anymore but it can help. I did smoke it in the early days after my accident and have since tried it for pain relief. I will take the pain over the paranoia. Drinking alcohol several days in a row will also ramp up my burning too. I don't know what kind of pain you are trying to fix but narcotics doesn't do much for my burning except numb my mind enough to put up with it.

The only way to find out is try and see. Have some regular cookies for your munchies LOL Enjoy
    T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

MJ Effects on pain

I am no expert, far from it, the information below was gleaned from Wikipedia. I do notice the difference between the two strains, but, both work for me regarding pain relief. It does not get rid of the pain, but, the over past year the stinging/burning pain in both buttocks has reached the point of being nasty and aggravating, the MJ mellows my mind and maybe this is why it lowers the burning and stinging pain levels, maybe as much as 50%, or more realistically 40%. The cookies and brownies work better than smoking for me.

I use it occasionally, depending on why; do I need to cut through the pain in order to sleep and or general mild pain relief? I don't have the luxury of getting the specific strain that I'd like, so it is guess work. You are in a medical MJ state, just go to the shop and they may even have cookies and brownies!

Indices: The indica highs are most often described as a pleasant body buzz. Indicas are great for relaxation, stress relief, and for an overall sense of calm... Marijuana indicas are also very effective for overall body pain relief, and often used in the treatment of insomnia. They are the late - evening choice of many smokers as an all - night sleep aid.

Sativa: The effects of a sativa marijuana are mostly cerebral. They give a feeling of optimism and well - being, as well as providing a good measure of pain relief for certain symptoms. A few pure sativas are also very high in THC content. They are known to have a quite spacey, or hallucinogenic, effect. Sativas are a good choice for daytime smoking.
    Gary Is = L-1 Para for 34 years.....................
    ~~~~~~~~~~