Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Having surgery on Friday....

Me tooooo..... Check in Becky
    T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

thoughts are on you becky, I hope it went well, and that you are healing up.
    love and good wishes.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by bcsimpsons View Post
    The day is almost upon me. I am having yet more surgery to hopefully fix some of this pain that I am in from the implantation of the mesh for a hernia. You'd think I wouldn't be worried but a 3.5-4 hour surgery is a little frightening to me. Plus since the surgeon doesn't know all that has been effected, he doen't really know what he is going to encounter when he gets in there. This also freaks me out! In a little over 36 hours I will be in pre-op .... YIKES!!!

Becky
    Becky,
    I wish you the best on Friday. Think positive everything will go well and the surgeon will get in there and fix everything he finds that is wrong. In time you will start to feel better and better every day.
    God Speed Becky !!
    I wish you a speedy & complete recovery.
    RAFS

I'm sorry for my delay in responding... The mesh has been removed which is a marvelous thing since it had attached itself to my intestines! On the pain front however, I have yet to get any relief . The pain is actually worse, if that is even possible. I ended up spending a whole week after the surgery in the hospital and entered the rehab facility this past Saturday. The incision is still actively draining a great deal- meaning it still soaks through my shirt. I am going for an appointment with the surgeon tomorrow morning so I will update on what he says when I get back. Thanks for everyone's thoughts/prayers/good wishes. I was hoping that I would be feeling better, not worse .

Becky
    T8-9 according to latest scoring.......
    since 1/3/04

I am the best at being me. No matter how that happens to be!!

Good to hear from you Becky. You are going to hurt worse until you heal from the surgery. I suspected it was attached to something. I am not doctor but I know the mesh attached to bowel could have really caused problems.

Hopefully this will get you back to feeling better.
    T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

Hope every new day brings you closer to feeling better and better.

All the best,
    GJ

Quote Originally Posted by bcsimpsons View Post
    I'm sorry for my delay in responding... The mesh has been removed which is a marvelous thing since it had attached itself to my intestines! On the pain front however, I have yet to get any relief . The pain is actually worse, if that is even possible. I ended up spending a whole week after the surgery in the hospital and entered the rehab facility this past Saturday. The incision is still actively draining a great deal- meaning it still soaks through my shirt. I am going for an appointment with the surgeon tomorrow morning so I will update on what he says when I get back. Thanks for everyone's thoughts/prayers/good wishes. I was hoping that I would be feeling better, not worse .

Becky
    I haven't walked in your shoes, and everyone is different for sure. However, I can certainly relate firsthand what it's like to have pain and freaky odd symptoms that you just hope and pray go away – only after great anticipation ahead of a major procedure, your pain is actually worse!

I'm praying for you Becky – and pray for your strength and that the surgeon and rehab staff find answers that give you relief!

More surgery can create more adhesions and scar tissue, which can create more pain.
    Aerodynamically, the bumble bee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn't know that, so it goes on flying anyways--Mary Kay Ash

Becky, I am so glad to hear from you and only wish the news were better on the pain front - but you would have gotten a lot worse if the mesh had been allowed to continue growing into your intestine. It might be quite awhile before your body gets over the shock and starts to re-form itself. Please keep us updated as you are able, and know that we're all on your team!

I hope you are on your way to feeling well Becky. It must be pretty sore after having to remove the mesh from your tissues, I pray your pain is less every day.