Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 24 or 25 tires

24 or 25 tires

are 25 inch tires much easier to push
    to alcohol the cause of-and solution to-all of lifes problems [homer simpson]

depends on your injury, the higher the injury less trunk support, you might need armrest instead of high wheels, 24" are best for most...

24" are easier to get going,25's have more momentum once you get going. For me, it's more about how tall you are. I'm 6'2" and once I started using the 25's, I never went back.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Madsen View Post
    24" are easier to get going,25's have more momentum once you get going. For me, it's more about how tall you are. I'm 6'2" and once I started using the 25's, I never went back.

im about 5'8 maybe ill try the 25s on a demo
    to alcohol the cause of-and solution to-all of lifes problems [homer simpson]

Depends for who are, if you are an active guy go for 25.

I would say it also depends on what type of terrain you are rolling on, always rolled on 24" until I got my ZRa 8 years ago when I went with 25" they are great on flat ground but horrible when pushing up a incline, pretty sure i'm going back to 24" on the next chair.

Gosh....Now I'm not sure - I was set on 25s but reading the info about inclines, I'll have to reconsider (the campus at my university is in a valley and is pretty up and down)

I use 25s and I really do not have an issue with inclines..neither does my husband. My husband is 5'6" and T7 and I am 5'9" and T10. In fact...for me personally the inclines are easier for me with the 25s because they travel further with each push than a 24.
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot nothing's going to get better. It's not." - Dr. Seuss

That could be my issue I'm barely 5' but with the arms of somebody who is 5'10-oh Spina Bifida how you make life interesting

Quote Originally Posted by wheeliecoach View Post
    I use 25s and I really do not have an issue with inclines..neither does my husband. My husband is 5'6" and T7 and I am 5'9" and T10. In fact...for me personally the inclines are easier for me with the 25s because they travel further with each push than a 24.
    Thank you - I'm 5"7 with good core and upper body strength so I'll definitely give the 25s a go

Good luck canuck