Thread: Frog legs uni tine fork

Frog legs uni tine fork

I recently got a new tilite zra and got tilite's single sided fork with 5 by 1 inch casters. I was looking into new casters and because of ti's bearing size decided to try the frog legs uni tine fork so I had more wheel options. I ordered the forks and a 5 by 1.4" caster through sport aid and received them yesterday and installed them. The order form asked for 2 measurements, caster barrel to floor height (6") and curent wheel size (5"). After installing them the caster barrel to floor height was raised 1/2", not something I wanted. After speaking with frog legs the only way to get it back to were it was is go with a 4" caster, also not what I wanted. I see why this is happening, there is no way to make the fork with that wheel the right height. Had sport aid not asked for caster barrel to floor height or specified that it would raise the front end I dont think I would have a problem. I guess I just wanted to put it out ther if anybody wants to try this setup the min caster barrel to floor height will be 6.5". I liked the idea of the wider wheels but don't want to sacrifice diameter to get it. Oh well now I know. Any suggestions, comments.

Hi

Froglegs actually now sells a version of there aluminum caster with the r6 bearing that will fit Tilites slipstream fork. A friend of mine bought them for his ZRA.

Quote Originally Posted by illicit79 View Post
    Froglegs actually now sells a version of there aluminum caster with the r6 bearing that will fit Tilites slipstream fork. A friend of mine bought them for his ZRA.
    How wide are they?
    C5-6 Complete - 8/13/1982

I had heard about that when I asked about them they said they only had 4" casters. They could have been mistaken or just talking about what was in stock.

I had a similar problem with FL Unitines. I gave them all the dimensions and included a note to not ship them if my FSH were not maintained. They didn't fit (FSH changed); I shipped them back 2 months ago - still awaiting my credit . . . I just emailed today asking about my refund.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Quote Originally Posted by sohum631 View Post
    I recently got a new tilite zra and got tilite's single sided fork with 5 by 1 inch casters. I was looking into new casters and because of ti's bearing size decided to try the frog legs uni tine fork so I had more wheel options. I ordered the forks and a 5 by 1.4" caster through sport aid and received them yesterday and installed them. The order form asked for 2 measurements, caster barrel to floor height (6") and curent wheel size (5"). After installing them the caster barrel to floor height was raised 1/2", not something I wanted. After speaking with frog legs the only way to get it back to were it was is go with a 4" caster, also not what I wanted. I see why this is happening, there is no way to make the fork with that wheel the right height. Had sport aid not asked for caster barrel to floor height or specified that it would raise the front end I dont think I would have a problem. I guess I just wanted to put it out ther if anybody wants to try this setup the min caster barrel to floor height will be 6.5". I liked the idea of the wider wheels but don't want to sacrifice diameter to get it. Oh well now I know. Any suggestions, comments.
    I have the same thing. TiLite says they will have 5x1.5 inch casters to fit the R6 bearings "this summer" and Frog legs has 4 inch wheels that fit but not 5 inch. FL said "keep checking back. If you are unhappy with the FL forks and casters, you willing to sell them?

Quote Originally Posted by Brianm View Post
    How wide are they?
    Standard 1.4 inch wide, but they only have 4 inch diameter ones.

My main issue was them asking for the cbf height then having it be different. When I called them about it they know it would be that way but it was mentioned nowhere on the web sight that I found, I checked because if anything I would like to lower the whole chair so raising it was out of the question. I might try their 4" wheel for the tilite fork or wait for a 5" version to come out. Tilite's 5" was $90 something each vs $118 a pair for their current 5" wheel hopefully the slipstream compatible wheel will be similarly priced. If I don't use the frog legs/ wheels for anything I would prefer to just sell them to somebody that could use them so I will post on here when I figure it out. Mostly I would like it mentioned somewhere that the min height with that setup will be 6.5" cbf.

Quote Originally Posted by sohum631 View Post
    My main issue was them asking for the cbf height then having it be different. When I called them about it they know it would be that way but it was mentioned nowhere on the web sight that I found, I checked because if anything I would like to lower the whole chair so raising it was out of the question. I might try their 4" wheel for the tilite fork or wait for a 5" version to come out. Tilite's 5" was $90 something each vs $118 a pair for their current 5" wheel hopefully the slipstream compatible wheel will be similarly priced. If I don't use the frog legs/ wheels for anything I would prefer to just sell them to somebody that could use them so I will post on here when I figure it out. Mostly I would like it mentioned somewhere that the min height with that setup will be 6.5" cbf.
    Let me know if you want to sell them. Raising my FSH a half inch probably wont matter to me, but I am not sure enough that I want to spend the money on a new set. However since these would be used the price would be less so less money I have to throw away if I don't like it.

Well, I had called fl yesterday asking what wheels they had for the slipstream fork and all they had was the 4". Called today figured I would just get a 4" for now until they make a 5" that will work. Sounded like they just got new inventory in including a 5" caster for the slipstream fork. If this works I will probably post the fl single sided fork and casters on the for sale section. Just wanted to let everybody know I'm not sure how many they have but sounds like they are available.