Thread: need brake and rim help

need brake and rim help

so i'm finally gonna get rid of the adi disk brakes on my chair, i love them but im tired of all the slop in there hub and rim connection theres about 3/4 of an inch movement when the brakes are locked. its like a wore out 12 point socket. my question i need help with is which is better D locks or sure locks? and i also need new rims as i have the adi/sun rims but cant decide between round bettys or spinergy rims? anyone that can tell me the pros and cons on the brakes and rims would be great

and btw the adi brakes will be put to good use in a custom offroad chair im building

guys have said here sure locks are better.

Quote Originally Posted by totoL1 View Post
    guys have said here sure locks are better.
    I like my sure locks but be prepared to wait. The quy really needs to get some help. I also have both Dino's and Spinergy LXs and prefer the Dinos. They are a little heavier but I like how stiff they are compared to the Spinergys.

I have had D's Locks and Surelocks. I prefer SL, much better quality and they have more holes which makes a big difference.

hey buddy. If I were you I'd go D's with the Dino's. Sharky is running that setup on his new ZR - barely any slop and his replacement Dino's are whisper quiet. The D's are cheaper (unless you mention stephen212 to the SureLock guy) My D's with SpinyLX's have almost an inch of bounce but I got used to it.

btw - just got back from Van, finally got classified! 2.0 (and not "under review")

sure locks all the way! D's are ok!

i just got my first pr of spinergy's. insurance never pay for them always game me wire spokes ,anyways just got them i like them i had a chance to get some Dino's went to the expo and i was sold on the spinergy's hope i made a good decision

Quote Originally Posted by tooley View Post
    hey buddy. If I were you I'd go D's with the Dino's. Sharky is running that setup on his new ZR - barely any slop and his replacement Dino's are whisper quiet. The D's are cheaper (unless you mention stephen212 to the SureLock guy) My D's with SpinyLX's have almost an inch of bounce but I got used to it.

btw - just got back from Van, finally got classified! 2.0 (and not "under review")
    ya i remember sharky saying his were creeking

and how the f--k are you a 2? your hands are way better then mine plus you have way more tricep function then me...i got robbed when that old bag classed me. was she the one who classed you?

Quote Originally Posted by bungholebob View Post
    ya i remember sharky saying his were creeking

and how the f--k are you a 2? your hands are way better then mine plus you have way more tricep function then me...i got robbed when that old bag classed me. was she the one who classed you?
    No, some young thing. Cheat `em `til you beat `em. It's funny, she was drinking with us Thursday night but didn't remember me Saturday morning. Coach was so proud when I came out a duece.

Round Betty changed his spoke design, they're thicker wall - even less flex. So make sure you get the new style. I want a set but can't justify the cost plus another set of D's rings.
    Last edited by tooley; 04-03-2012 at 08:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tooley View Post
    No, some young thing. Cheat `em `til you beat `em. It's funny, she was drinking with us Thursday night but didn't remember me Saturday morning. Coach was so proud when I came out a duece.

Round Betty changed his spoke design, they're thicker wall - even less flex. So make sure you get the new style. I want a set but can't justify the cost plus another set of D's rings.
    ya ill make sure there the new ones.... i hope that old bag died id still probably be playing if it wasnt for her