Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Free Anonymous Surfing Service

Best Free Anonymous Surfing Service

Here is a pretty good list of free VPN services.

I pay $75.00 a year for unlimited USAip VPN.
    My ISP can not read my data stream as it is over 2000 bit encrypted until it leaves a remote computer with a new shared ISP number.
    They can not log my activities. They only see an encrypted connection.

USAip only keeps my log on/off for 48 hours.

List---> http://www.techsupportalert.com/best...ng-service.htm

Quote Originally Posted by JohnW View Post

Here is a pretty good list of free VPN services.

I pay $75.00 a year for unlimited USAip VPN.
    My ISP can not read my data stream as it is over 2000 bit encrypted until it leaves a remote computer with a new shared ISP number.
    They can not log my activities. They only see an encrypted connection.

USAip only keeps my log on/off for 48 hours.

List---> http://www.techsupportalert.com/best...ng-service.htm
    Sure they do, except for that NSA box sitting in their rack that sends everything to the Echelon servers.

Quote Originally Posted by t8burst View Post
    Sure they do, except for that NSA box sitting in their rack that sends everything to the Echelon servers.
    mmmmmmmm...my cable company or my VPN?

I believe you, but where is it?

This new facility in Utah?

http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/201...tacenter/all/1

But where is the local box?

New Details on NSAs Spy Center and Secrets From Domestic Eavesdropping Operation Stellar Wind

"According to another top official also involved with the program, the NSA made an enormous breakthrough several years ago in its ability to cryptanalyze, or break, unfathomably complex encryption systems employed by not only governments around the world but also many average computer users in the US. The upshot, according to this official: Everybodys a target; everybody with communication is a target."

Oh well
    Last edited by JohnW; 04-02-2012 at 02:26 PM.

Blog Entries
    The government computers ought to go on strike complaining of boredom. Very few of us lead remotely interesting lives as for as government watchdogs go. Even so, I would like some aspects of my existence to be private.
    Tom

"Blessed are the pessimists, for they hath made backups." Exasperated 20:12

The best place to go for VPN services is the Netherlands. It is illegal for ISPs to keep logs there.

Any anonymous proxy or VPN in the U.S has logs..and will hand them over when told to..

So:

VPN > Netherlands > TOR > proxy > TOR > to wherever you want.

But if you need to do that, I think they're already watching you..
    ---------
    C5-6 / '88

Quote Originally Posted by JohnW View Post
    This new facility in Utah?

http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/201...tacenter/all/1

But where is the local box?

New Details on NSAs Spy Center and Secrets From Domestic Eavesdropping Operation Stellar Wind

"According to another top official also involved with the program, the NSA made an enormous breakthrough several years ago in its ability to cryptanalyze, or break, unfathomably complex encryption systems employed by not only governments around the world but also many average computer users in the US. The upshot, according to this official: Everybodys a target; everybody with communication is a target."

Oh well
    Back in the dot com boom I ran the operations of a large mobile web service. Basically if you browsed the web on a palm device you used our software. Since it was a proxy and the client/server communication was encrypted it was in essence doing what your VPN service does. So lets just say the government likes to make sure they can monitor things like that... you know for national security reasons. So the "local box" is in the data center of your VPN company.

https://www.eff.org/issues/nsa-spying

Quote Originally Posted by Reed-edm View Post
    The best place to go for VPN services is the Netherlands. It is illegal for ISPs to keep logs there.

Any anonymous proxy or VPN in the U.S has logs..and will hand them over when told to..

So:

VPN > Netherlands > TOR > proxy > TOR > to wherever you want.

But if you need to do that, I think they're already watching you..
    Thanks.
    My service has a NL server that I can log on to. I pay a .EU company.
    I don't do anything illegal or anti american, but I enjoy the idea of privacy.

Quote Originally Posted by t8burst View Post
    Back in the dot com boom I ran the operations of a large mobile web service. Basically if you browsed the web on a palm device you used our software. Since it was a proxy and the client/server communication was encrypted it was in essence doing what your VPN service does. So lets just say the government likes to make sure they can monitor things like that... you know for national security reasons. So the "local box" is in the data center of your VPN company.

https://www.eff.org/issues/nsa-spying
    Thanks,
    I appreciate your reply. I like to know what I am doing. Maybe it is the rebel in me, but I think it is empowering to have privacy as allowed.

I know some things, but not all. I know that Chinese and Iranians that are censored use this service.

tnx agn

Blog Entries
    I have no idea what language you're speaking!