Thread: Hide your IP address when Searching Google

Hide your IP address when Searching Google

Use Google through a PROXY for free.

Google searches reveal a shocking amount of personal information about you, such as your interests, family circumstances, political leanings, medical conditions, and more. This information is modern-day gold for marketers, government officials, hackers and criminals - all of whom would love to get their hands on your private search data.

Startpage Protects Your Privacy!

Startpage, and its sister search engine Ixquick, are the only third-party certified search engines in the world that do not record your IP address or track your searches.

Get it here FREE->

https://startpage.com/eng/download-startpage-plugin.html

Quote Originally Posted by JohnW View Post

Use Google through a PROXY for free.

Google searches reveal a shocking amount of personal information about you, such as your interests, family circumstances, political leanings, medical conditions, and more. This information is modern-day gold for marketers, government officials, hackers and criminals - all of whom would love to get their hands on your private search data.

Startpage Protects Your Privacy!

Startpage, and its sister search engine Ixquick, are the only third-party certified search engines in the world that do not record your IP address or track your searches.

Get it here FREE->

Oh,
    I forgot to mention that once you get your list of startpage/google results, look at the end of each result for 'View by Ixquick Proxy'.

If you click on that, Ixquick will open the page for you anonymously. Your computer will be invisible to the site.They see only Startpage's IP address, not yours.

Since you never make direct contact with the website, they can't see or store cookies on your browser.

Also, you can click on linked pages from the website and the Startpage proxy will display those for you too.

I use these guys a lot.

A little later, I will share my Private VPN browser. For total internet anonymous protection with over 2000 bit encryption to the host computer.

enjoy

Doesn't using a proxy compromise your bandwidth speed?

Quote Originally Posted by stephen212 View Post
    Doesn't using a proxy compromise your bandwidth speed?
    Some, but I use a fast service with computers all over the world.

6 Servers in USA, 600Mb/s bw
    4 Servers in UK, 400 Mb/s bw
    DE,NL,HU,CN,LX,UA,HK servers
    If I choose one nearby, I can barely tell. My home bandwidth is only 1.5 mb and I'm not a gamer.
    I don't require much.

Streaming Audio and Video are all I demand.

Some, but I use a fast service with computers all over the world.

6 Servers in USA, 600Mb/s bw
    4 Servers in UK, 400 Mb/s bw
    DE,NL,HU,CN,LX,UA,HK servers
    If I choose one nearby, I can barely tell. My home bandwidth is only 1.5 mb and I'm not a gamer.
    I don't require much.

Streaming Audio and Video are all I demand.
    If there was something similar for your phone would you pay to use it? Obviously you can't hide your location from the cell company but software that would prevent them from knowing where your data is going, what your data is and also on the other end prevent mobile sites from knowing your location, cell provider, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by t8burst View Post
    If there was something similar for your phone would you pay to use it? Obviously you can't hide your location from the cell company but software that would prevent them from knowing where your data is going, what your data is and also on the other end prevent mobile sites from knowing your location, cell provider, etc.
    I never thought about it. I'm not a very active cell phone user. I only use mine for emergencies.
    It's a pre-pay and I can put it in a metal RF proof sleeve when not in use, if I want. But I don't.

I bet one could find out how to hack or change SIMM cards etc. for ATT, T-mobile phones that use them.

A vhf/uhf handheld radio with a keyboard can access a remote phone patch and make phone calls while you are mobile. Hams use those.
    Last edited by JohnW; 04-02-2012 at 11:18 AM.

I never thought about it. I'm not a very active cell phone user. I only use mine for emergencies.
    It's a pre-pay and I can put it in a metal RF proof sleeve when not in use, if I want. But I don't.

I bet one could find out how to hack or change SIMM cards etc. for ATT, T-mobile phones that use them.

A vhf/uhf handheld radio can access a remote phone patch and make phone calls.
    The reason I ask is myself and a friend developed a VPN solution for android phones then Google went and put OpenVPN support into the OS. But it can take over the networks stack at a low level and now kinda looking for some way to use the technology.

Get it here FREE->

got a internal service error 500 , i am getting tired of goggle and hopefully will learn how to do a vpn before the cable companies start raising theoor proves for bandwith , like the AOL days, and i just say f it.hhopefully some people will have discovered ways to transmit broadband for free. There are no real FCC or PSC anti monoploy things like we had when they broke up AT&T over an answering machine legal case. i was working for long lines then and went to the local BOC. Now a days the FCC PSC and maybe supreme court are bought and sold by lobbyist and the big companies.
    cauda equina

Thanks, that is a great tip. I normally use private proxies. For a monthly fee I get my proxies updated every now and then. I am given a list of IPs:Ports and then in Google Chrome I go to Tools > Settings > Advanced > Change Proxy Settings > Lan Settings and enter your IP and Port. I like private proxies. I know they cost a dollar, but it is worth it. The speed is great.

The Onion Router

Use Tor The Onion Router

Check Tor is working https://check.torproject.org/

Tor website https://www.torproject.org/

I run some exits on fibre as a public service http://n58.bgcaus.com:9030/

Though it may be used by devos and stalkers you can also use it to hide from them.