Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question regarding Lyrica, dosage, pain!

Question regarding Lyrica, dosage, pain!

Hi, I know many of you here have tray lyrica for neuropathic pain.
    I am interested in dosage and the time necessary for o lyrica to start to work?
    I just started lyrica few days ago (7 days). My doctor put me on 75mg once a day for three days, then 150 mg for next three days, then 225 mg. for next three days, and finally 300 mg to take for a longer period.(morning and I night)
    Does that seam right to you? What are your experience regarding lyrica?
    After 7 days i don’t feel any change. When did lyrica spouts to start helping you with your pain?
    Thank you
    Marko

You are still on a pretty low dose. We start at 300 mg. daily and go up every 3rd day from there until we get to a level that either is 1) causing side effects or 2) is providing sufficient pain control for the individual. We often have our clients on daily doses as high as 4500 mg. The dosage should be divided through the day to maintain a blood level.

Lyrica (or Neurontin) are unlikely to make pain go away entirely...the goal is to get pain to a tolerable level.

(KLD)

I believe that KLD's suggestions are recommendations for neurontin and not Lyrica.

Your doctor is doing it correctly. I think what you are saying is that you gradually increased to 300 at morning and 300 at night which is a gradual increase to 600 mg a day. That is the typical maximum dose for an adult that most people use. The only thing that lyrica users will say is that the drug seems to work best 3 times a day rather than 2 times a day. So in your case that would be 200 mg three times a day or every 8 hours.

About when you should be able to tell if it is working...... pretty much now. If you can't tell any improvement at this point in your symptoms then I would look for another drug after you try 600 mg a day for a week. That would be it.
    Last edited by arndog; 04-01-2012 at 05:47 PM. Reason: my spell checker likes to change lyrica to lyrics, arrgh

Arndog, of course you are right. That's what I get for answering questions at 5AM. So sorry!

(KLD)

Everyone is different.I had been having unbearable pain in my pinky we tried everything no relief.finally after about a month Dr.put me on Lyrica 75 twice daily.
    within an hour of taking my first dose the pain was completely gone.
    I weaned myself off of it after about 7 months.
    wishing you much good luck and no pain.
    LET A SMILE BE YOUR UMBRELLA

Than you for the answers
    I think that the pain is little better. Less electric shots. Now my leg is more numb or hmm I mean I am still in pain but different pain, but now the cold on my face is worst!!
    Is this the side effect of the Lyrica? I read a lot about Lyrica but I didn’t find that side effect. Its like I am on constant easy AD.???
    I think my doc. sad that I will go on 300 mg daily. 150 mg morning, 150 night.

Quote Originally Posted by quadc5-Croatia View Post
    Than you for the answers
    I think that the pain is little better. Less electric shots. Now my leg is more numb or hmm I mean I am still in pain but different pain, but now the cold on my face is worst!!
    Is this the side effect of the Lyrica? I read a lot about Lyrica but I didn’t find that side effect. Its like I am on constant easy AD.???
    I think my doc. sad that I will go on 300 mg daily. 150 mg morning, 150 night.
    that sounds about right.remember we are all different.good luck.
    LET A SMILE BE YOUR UMBRELLA

What about cold face? Not only that I fell cold but my face feels cold on touching it seams that cold comes from the inside , weird cold..
    does somebody have this simptoms?

that doesn't sound like the drug but , can't tell for sure. Side effects are always a trade off.

Sarah had some weight gain.