Thread: helper while traveling

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

helper while traveling

i have a buddy that is coming from Australia to the States, actually he's going to Mexico also, he's traveling with some friends but none of them do his enema that's done on monday, wednesday, and friday mornings

anybody know how he could find some help while traveling, he just needs help as long as the enema takes, he's going to be in vegas the first weekend of may, then Mexico[not sure about the date], and Sacramento the third weekend of may

any help is appreciated,
    sean k
    SeanKelleys.com C-3,4 Incomplete Quadriplegic

I hope he has a good amount of money. For a procedure like an enema, if he hires from a nursing agency, he will have to hire an RN or LVN/LPN (in most states) and most often the agency will require a minimum 3-4 hour shift, regardless of how long it takes. In addition, they may require a physician's order to do the care, so he would first have to see a physician in the state he is in at the time. A home care LVN/LPN would generally start at about $32/hour if hiring from an agency...an RN would be $50+.

Hiring "off the street" is possible, but difficult under circumstances like this, and would require interviewing and ideally conducting background checks before making a hiring decision. Doing this in all these locations would be a nightmare.

I would strongly recommend that he instead travel with someone who can do this....pay his regular attendant to come with him and pay their travel costs. Alternatively, have one of his friends learn how to do it.

I am wondering why he cannot do it himself if he is functional enough to do all of his own care otherwise (i.e., dressing, bladder care, bathing, etc. etc.).

(KLD)

thanks you sci-nurse, i found a nurse in my area that charges 13$ an hour but unfortunately he is just in my area

if anybody in the locations i mentioned [vegas, Mexico, and Sacramento] know somebody that could help out that information will be appreciated

sean k

Quote Originally Posted by s.m.kelley View Post
    i have a buddy that is coming from Australia to the States, actually he's going to Mexico also, he's traveling with some friends but none of them do his enema that's done on monday, wednesday, and friday mornings

anybody know how he could find some help while traveling, he just needs help as long as the enema takes, he's going to be in vegas the first weekend of may, then Mexico[not sure about the date], and Sacramento the third weekend of may

any help is appreciated,
    sean k
    this may sound funny, but it's not meant to be. If you could present that someone is an opportunity to go on a vacation of sorts might be able to find a broader number of candidates. Or maybe that's just my wishful thinking… It's situations like you are describing that have been debating whether I should opt for an ileostomy… I always felt it would give me more options and flexibility should those kind of opportunities arise for me. Best of luck!

need help with enema during vacation

ok i'll put that way

my buddy in Australia is coming to the states and is looking for a care provider that can handle doing an enema monday, wednesday, and friday mornings for the month of may, he is going to Supercross and Motocross events
    1. Supercross in vegas May 5th
    2. GP in Mexico
    3. Sacramento for the first motocross national at Hangtown May 19

if you have the slightest interest let me know for exact info

sean k

Quote Originally Posted by CraigP View Post
    this may sound funny, but it's not meant to be. If you could present that someone is an opportunity to go on a vacation of sorts might be able to find a broader number of candidates. Or maybe that's just my wishful thinking… It's situations like you are describing that have been debating whether I should opt for an ileostomy… I always felt it would give me more options and flexibility should those kind of opportunities arise for me. Best of luck!
    thanks for the advice craigp