Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: camber tube snapped , has this happened to anyone?

Personally, I would consider the camber tube an integral part of the frame seeing as without a camber tube there is no chair. In some chairs the camber tube is welded to the frame, so I could argue that the camber tube is not a part that is meant to be replaced with time, unlike casters, bearings, screws, tires, etc. I would call TiLite customer service again and ask to speak with Dominic (I can send you his personal extension if you would like) or Josh (I also have his extension) although I think Josh will be out of town this weekend for the Abilities Expo in Los Angeles. I know that Dominic will still be in the office.
    I'm sorry that your camber tube broke, but I am glad to hear that you were not injured when it happened! Good luck and let us know what happens.
    Mandy
    ~Mandy~
    SCI as a result of spinal surgery
    TiLite Aero Z!!!

emanshiu , sorry to hear about your camber tube. Although I'm sure there are very strong opinions to the contrary, the camber tube is typically not an integral part of the frame. Although, there no argument its quite an integral part of the chair. I haven't heard back from Customer Service regarding your call, but I have talked to our QC department. Can you send me the serial number of your chair in a message and I will take care of this for you.

TiLite
    TiLite. The Ultimate Ride.

Customers calling up regarding a crucial piece of equipment like this should not be left without a solution. It is bad customer service. I am glad to note that Tilite member here has stepped in to take control of the situation.

I believe that is an aluminium camber tube. Out of curiosity, I am wondering if a titanium camber tube can break like that too. Anyone?
    C5-C6 ASIA C - October 15, 1984
    Tilite ZRA Series 2
    The DIGITAL AWAKENING
    Living One Day At A Time
    www.petertan.com/blog/

petertan : i certainly hope not. i went for titanium camber tube for that not to happen.

but if it has been 5 years,i think i'll go for a new one.it's comprehensible, of course. wonder if toto ever broke his camber tube, since he had welded camber tube on his chair.
    walking is OVER-RATED!!!

Broken in August 14th, 2003. T9-L1 complete.

Quote Originally Posted by nia adha View Post
    . wonder if toto ever broke his camber tube, since he had welded camber tube on his chair.
    Don`t worry about me and my camber tube, all goes well.

Do you think we can replace with a stainless steel tube, and install other assem parts on it?
    Life is meaningles, though you create the purpose.

This is what I have recently noticed that support of TI is not the nicest one.

TiLite in action!

Quote Originally Posted by TiLite View Post
    emanshiu , sorry to hear about your camber tube. Although I'm sure there are very strong opinions to the contrary, the camber tube is typically not an integral part of the frame. Although, there no argument its quite an integral part of the chair. I haven't heard back from Customer Service regarding your call, but I have talked to our QC department. Can you send me the serial number of your chair in a message and I will take care of this for you.

TiLite
    Now that's TiLite in action!

Any other 'chair company that responsive?

Excellent job well executed!

Ti
    "We must overcome difficulties rather than being overcome by difficulties."

Quote Originally Posted by titanium4motion View Post
    Now that's TiLite in action!

Any other 'chair company that responsive?

Excellent job well executed!

Ti
    I, too, am also encouraged to see that (CC member) TiLite is taking initiative here to run interference and get this matter addressed properly and promptly.

On the other hand, it's disappointing to hear -- yet again -- owners contacting TiLite customer support with serious concerns and come away being left feeling dismissed and unimportant. This has been WAY too long-standing an issue as reported here on CC and it begs the question as to why the message of delivering outstanding customer support appears not to be sinking in. In the end, regardless of the product they offer, companies live and die by the customer support they deliver to the buyer.

Quote Originally Posted by petertan View Post
    I believe that is an aluminium camber tube. Out of curiosity, I am wondering if a titanium camber tube can break like that too. Anyone?
    Agreed, that is an aluminum camber tube. It is "possible" that this could happen with a titanium camber tube as well but is VERY unlikely. Actually, its an anomaly to see this happen to an aluminum camber tube as well but the right circumstances can apparently lead to something like this.

Quote Originally Posted by sowseng View Post
    Do you think we can replace with a stainless steel tube, and install other assem parts on it?
    You could definitely use stainless steel, but would the additional weight be worth it?
    TiLite. The Ultimate Ride.