Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: oxycodone

Vancouver WA USA - - Male T4 ASIA B incomplete
    Quote Originally Posted by t8burst View Post
    I take a mix of senecot-s and colace (two each every night) I don't know if you have a neurogenic bowel but I found metamucil kept things soft but didnt move them along if you know what I mean.
    I know what you mean.
    When I take the oxycodone, literally turns to bullets, steel bullets.

I have a bottle of oxycodone and a bottle of hydrocodone sitting on my shelf plus a batch of peanut butter marijuana cookies sitting in my fridge and I'm afraid of all of them I don't want to become addicted.

I've had about hydrocodone the longest and take it during the day only if the pain gets unbearable. I can't take it at night because it tends to wire me and I can't sleep. Plus it never fully takes away all the pain.

The oxycodone I haven't had very long and its results on the pain are about the same as the hydrocodone. However it's my understanding oxycodone is much more addictive. Plus even though I can take it at night and sleep the next day I am dragging ass and I'm worthless.

The peanut butter marijuana cookies a friend just dropped by yesterday. The smell reminds me of parties back in my high school days I tried 1/2 cookie so that probably wasn't enough to help with pain. However I did have slight feelings of paranoia as I sat there wondering if I smelled like marijuana and could people detect it. lol

As for constipation I take metamucil but started having frequent accidents so I cut back on it. It's all so very frustrating!!
    Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway. .(John Wayne)

Why are you afraid of getting addicted? It is a serious question, one that I struggled with before I realized that unless there is a cure for SCI I am going to wake up each morning wracked with pain. It is not like when I broke my wrist and got a prescription for vicoden. My wrist healed and my pain went away in a week. This pain will never go away, so why worry about being addicted to pain killers? If they cure SCI, I will taper off methadone and happily not take it anymore. Until then, call me a junkie but it gets me through the day with a reasonable amount of comfort.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboys_Place View Post
    I have a bottle of oxycodone and a bottle of hydrocodone sitting on my shelf plus a batch of peanut butter marijuana cookies sitting in my fridge and I'm afraid of all of them I don't want to become addicted.

I've had about hydrocodone the longest and take it during the day only if the pain gets unbearable. I can't take it at night because it tends to wire me and I can't sleep. Plus it never fully takes away all the pain.

The oxycodone I haven't had very long and its results on the pain are about the same as the hydrocodone. However it's my understanding oxycodone is much more addictive. Plus even though I can take it at night and sleep the next day I am dragging ass and I'm worthless.

The peanut butter marijuana cookies a friend just dropped by yesterday. The smell reminds me of parties back in my high school days I tried 1/2 cookie so that probably wasn't enough to help with pain. However I did have slight feelings of paranoia as I sat there wondering if I smelled like marijuana and could people detect it. lol

As for constipation I take metamucil but started having frequent accidents so I cut back on it. It's all so very frustrating!!

Quote Originally Posted by Liz321 View Post
    My dr. as perscribed 325mg for the severe pain I have. (For me this is when it hits a scale of 15).

I rarely take it, but when I do the following day after I'm still drowsy in the afternoon and the next day I feel as if I have no affect and could rip the face off someone with my teeth.

I find this reaction to be concerning as if pain meds are going to make me such a miserable person I can deal with the pain I have so far.

Is this the pill or am I just a bitch?
    I feel the same way. I'm on endocet and it makes me feel like shit. I get very tired, irritable, and nauseous. And it doesn't seem to do much for my pain either. I much prefer hydrocodone/ibuprofen - I can function a lot better on it and it does the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Firstborn0204 View Post
    I am so happy to have found this website. I feel I have friends out there I can talk with. I have been in NA for 15 years recovering from a crack cocaine addiction. About 5 years ago I had surgery and they prescribed Percoset. "That's all she wrote". I have been on them since. In the past year I have been to emergency rooms at various hospitals in the area to claim pain (cry wolf). After 4 to 6 hours in the emergency room juiced up on Dilaudid I am discharged with a prescription for Percoset (the whole purpose for my episode). Your feedback and support is greatly appreciated.

http://www.thefix.com/
    http://www.soberrecovery.com/

Wishing you all the best !

Obieone
    ~ Be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Mahatma Gandi

" calling all Angels ...... calling all Angels ....walk me through this one .. don't leave me alone .... calling all Angels .... calling all Angels .... we're tryin' and we're hopin' cause we're not sure how ....... this .... goes ..."
    Jane Siberry