Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: oxycodone

Liz there are many other pain meds you could try. I just got switched to 10-325 from Hydrocodone and the Oxycodone is working much better for me, so it's just what works for you. I use to be afraid to complain when something did'nt work, but have learned the hard way to speak up. Hope you find something that works for you.

I wake up every day and take half a 5/325 first thing, just seems to give me energy for work and all the other things i get into during the day.
    if hurting i'll take another half, but never after lunch, hard to sleep at night, i love them
    We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
    Ronald Reagan

I use it for my pain
    Usually immediately after I Take it I power nap 20 minutes - 1 hour

Also I sometime use my trusty ol pill cutter
    For me it usually takes off the edge of my inner pains that ravage my body

GL

Tramadol.

No pain and no fuzzy-brained feeling. I take it once per day at the same time every day. Why didn't someone give me this in the first place!?!?

If you are concerned about work and pain meds, I'd definitely give this one a try. It's been a week and I feel great!

Oxycodone + work didn't work out well for me. It made me depressed and all I wanted to do was sleep. Made me forgetful too and at first my vision was a little whacked.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

I am so happy to have found this website. I feel I have friends out there I can talk with. I have been in NA for 15 years recovering from a crack cocaine addiction. About 5 years ago I had surgery and they prescribed Percoset. "That's all she wrote". I have been on them since. In the past year I have been to emergency rooms at various hospitals in the area to claim pain (cry wolf). After 4 to 6 hours in the emergency room juiced up on Dilaudid I am discharged with a prescription for Percoset (the whole purpose for my episode). Your feedback and support is greatly appreciated.

Firstborn

I'm sorry you found us. This is not an addiction website, rather a Spinal Cord Injury website. People here don't take drugs for fun, they have serious injuries and chronic intractible pain. Sorry your issues but this site is not for you.

There are sites for addicts good luck
    Kindly,

The Ketamine Kitty

All the tears, all the pain, all the rage through the night (apolgies to the rewrite) RR

Next time I die make sure I'm gone,
    don't leave 'em nothing to work on JT

And I ain't nothin but a dream JM

Firstborn

If you have an SCI fill out the information page or describe your injury and there may be some folks willing to respond.
    Kindly,

The Ketamine Kitty

All the tears, all the pain, all the rage through the night (apolgies to the rewrite) RR

Next time I die make sure I'm gone,
    don't leave 'em nothing to work on JT

And I ain't nothin but a dream JM

Quote Originally Posted by Firstborn0204 View Post
    I am so happy to have found this website. I feel I have friends out there I can talk with. I have been in NA for 15 years recovering from a crack cocaine addiction. About 5 years ago I had surgery and they prescribed Percoset. "That's all she wrote". I have been on them since. In the past year I have been to emergency rooms at various hospitals in the area to claim pain (cry wolf). After 4 to 6 hours in the emergency room juiced up on Dilaudid I am discharged with a prescription for Percoset (the whole purpose for my episode). Your feedback and support is greatly appreciated.
    Holy crap! I think the only way you could top that is to say you have a handicapped tag you bought off of ebay and ask how we all manage to look disabled so people don't get suspicious.

Vancouver WA USA - - Male T4 ASIA B incomplete
    Oxycodone related ...

When the pain hits I usually take 4 *5mg, in 4 doses for the day (max).
    I preferred the methadone, but the Dr's will only prescribe it if I take
    it every day and I'd rather have something I can take as needed.
    Best was 10mg of oxycodone and methadone, I stayed functional, had
    good pain relief and only had to take one dose for 24 hours.

Question, what do people do about the constipation?

I try and take a dose of metamucil everytime I take the oxycodone and conscientiously drink more water.

Quote Originally Posted by NW-Will View Post
    Oxycodone related ...

When the pain hits I usually take 4 *5mg, in 4 doses for the day (max).
    I preferred the methadone, but the Dr's will only prescribe it if I take
    it every day and I'd rather have something I can take as needed.
    Best was 10mg of oxycodone and methadone, I stayed functional, had
    good pain relief and only had to take one dose for 24 hours.

Question, what do people do about the constipation?

I try and take a dose of metamucil everytime I take the oxycodone and conscientiously drink more water.
    I take a mix of senecot-s and colace (two each every night) I don't know if you have a neurogenic bowel but I found metamucil kept things soft but didnt move them along if you know what I mean.