Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: oxycodone

oxycodone

My dr. as perscribed 325mg for the severe pain I have. (For me this is when it hits a scale of 15).

I rarely take it, but when I do the following day after I'm still drowsy in the afternoon and the next day I feel as if I have no affect and could rip the face off someone with my teeth.

I find this reaction to be concerning as if pain meds are going to make me such a miserable person I can deal with the pain I have so far.

Is this the pill or am I just a bitch?
    Get involved in politics as if your life depended on it, because it does. -- Justin Dart

I shall not tolerate ignorance or hate speech on this site.

Your oxycondone 325 mg prescription is either:
    **oxycodone 5 mg and acetaminophen 325 mg
    **oxycodone 7.5 mg and acetaminophen 325 mg

Among the common side effects with oxycondone are drowsiness and irritability. Is there a possibility that you are taking other medications that may compound the symptoms you are having? You can check for drugs that are contraindicated with oxycodone on the drug circular or by doing an internet search for "oxycodone contraindications."

I very much doubt you are a bitch.

All the best,
    GJ

Quote Originally Posted by gjnl View Post
    Your oxycondone 325 mg prescription is either:
    **oxycodone 5 mg and acetaminophen 325 mg
    **oxycodone 7.5 mg and acetaminophen 325 mg

GJ
    Or, 7.5 mg and acetaminophen 750 mg

That's what I take. You need to be careful with the amount of acetaminophen you take in a day because of possible liver problems. Max should be 3,000 mg of acetaminophen per day.

You may want to go talk to your Dr. about other options (or causes) for your pain. If you are on the 3/325mg you can always explore going to 7.5/750mg. Like I said, you need to be careful of the amount of acetaminophen you take per day.

I hope you find some relief soon.

I had to stop taking it (had been since mid-November).

All I did was sleep and I became hugely depressed on it. Brain was fuzzy. Worked well though - if I didn't have responsibilities I would have continued taking it.

Trying tramadol now.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Quote Originally Posted by Liz321 View Post
    My dr. as perscribed 325mg for the severe pain I have. (For me this is when it hits a scale of 15).

I rarely take it, but when I do the following day after I'm still drowsy in the afternoon and the next day I feel as if I have no affect and could rip the face off someone with my teeth.

I find this reaction to be concerning as if pain meds are going to make me such a miserable person I can deal with the pain I have so far.

Is this the pill or am I just a bitch?
    Try cutting them in half. Maybe the dose is just too high.

That shouldn't be from the oxycodone that long after taking it .... but maybe a side effect of the pain returning...?
    Wife of Chad (C4/5 since 1988), mom of a great teenager

If you are taking Oxycondone daily for pain, these symptoms may subside as you body gets used to the medication. But, if you are taking it on an as needed basis, you may suffer these symptoms every time you take the medication. In some people, side effects can linger past the time you would think the medication would have cleared your system. Opiods (even semi-synthetic ones) can cause changes to blood chemistry, metabolism, and brain activity that may take a few days to return to normal, especially in people with sensitivities to these type of drugs.

All the bests,
    GJ

No not daily, ever.

5/325 is the dose.

Thanks, I'll deal with the pain w/o the drug.
    Get involved in politics as if your life depended on it, because it does. -- Justin Dart

I shall not tolerate ignorance or hate speech on this site.

Talking

as I was getting ready to reply to this I realized how old it was. I hope that by now you have figured out that the better medication is Roxicodone which is what my latest and greatest pain doctor changed on my first appt. the acedamediphine is unessessary. this has been better for me as far as being cranky (which I can be a bitch ) and the (tylenol)also made me burn the next day.
    Good Luck
    Michelle
    C 6 & 7 Since 9/03

Quote Originally Posted by Pinkshel View Post
    as I was getting ready to reply to this I realized how old it was. Michelle
    How old this thread was at the time of your reply??? Liz321 started this thread, yesterday, March 27, 2012 at 03:40 PM. Your post is dated March 28, 2012 at 09:37 PM. Hardly makes Liz321's post old.

But maybe your suggestion of another take on oxycondone will be helpful.

All the best,
    GJ