Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Freedom Ryder LC-1 for sale in excellent condition

Freedom Ryder LC-1 for sale in excellent condition

I’m selling my Freedom Ryder LC-1 body lean steer handcycle. It is in excellent condition and probably doesn’t have much more than 50 miles on it and has only ever been ridden on paved bike paths. I bought it for $3995 ($3695 plus $300 for memory foam seat) in late 2008 after I was handicapped in a car accident. I rode it for a mile or two at a time 2-3 times a week during the dry months of 2009 (that's why I figure there is only about 50 miles on it). By the end of 2009 I was very fortunate to regain enough use of my leg to ride an upright bicycle so since then it's sat in the garage under a cover! It has disc brakes, Shimano Rapid-Fire shifting, and a memory foam seat. The LC-1 is fast and very responsive. I loved this handcycle (especially the lean steer!) and hung onto it figuring I'd alternate between it and the upright, but it never happened so it's time for it to go. Not sure what an excellent condition used one of these goes for. I'd love to get $2000 out of it, but open to offers. I'm located close to the Bay Area in Northern California. I imagine I could ship at the buyers expense, but I would much prefer to sell face-to-face - better for everyone that way!

That's a great handcycle Skye; one of the better ones I've seen come up on this forum. Someone is going to be a very lucky person to get it.

That may be the first time I've seen anyone use the word 'handicapped' as a past-tense verb. Anyone else?

Also, pretty bike!

Great Bike and price, is it the 22" width cranks?

Quote Originally Posted by brian View Post
    That may be the first time I've seen anyone use the word 'handicapped' as a past-tense verb. Anyone else?

Also, pretty bike!
    Hi Brian, I used it meaning, the accident is in the past. I still have disabilities. However a lot of the nerve/muscle damage that was preventing me using my right leg has healed, despite the doctors' skepticism. I am very thankful for that and that's why I can now use an upright bike, albeit only on flat ground! I'm British, so if my word usage is not correct here, I apologize!

Quote Originally Posted by Craig80 View Post
    Great Bike and price, is it the 22" width cranks?
    Hi Craig80, if you are referring to the distance between the handles then yes, it's 22". If not let me know!

Looks 22" to me. Man, a Leansteer, with less than 50 miles on it and memory foam. "Lord hold me Back" no more handcycles... no more handcycles. There is no freer feeling than riding a leansteer into a corner.

Glad you got to the point where you are Skye; I'm sure it took a lot of work. Congrats, you are one lucky woman. I trust someone will really beneifit from this bike. I love my Freedom Ryder, I've had 0 problems with it.

Who ever ends up with this is getting one heck of good deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Madsen View Post
    Looks 22" to me. Man, a Leansteer, with less than 50 miles on it and memory foam. "Lord hold me Back" no more handcycles... no more handcycles. There is no freer feeling than riding a leansteer into a corner.

Glad you got to the point where you are Skye; I'm sure it took a lot of work. Congrats, you are one lucky woman. I trust someone will really beneifit from this bike. I love my Freedom Ryder, I've had 0 problems with it.

Who ever ends up with this is getting one heck of good deal.
    Thanks Patrick :-)

I Googled this to see if I could find out more about this bike. I haven't come up with too much.

Specifically, how this bike would work for a C5/6 complete injury?

illinois, and no, chicago is not anywhere near where i live
    Quote Originally Posted by Domosoyo View Post
    I Googled this to see if I could find out more about this bike. I haven't come up with too much.

Specifically, how this bike would work for a C5/6 complete injury?
    probably not very good, you need good balance and some trunk strength. You need to be able to lean side to side to steer it, hence it's called a "lean-to-steer".