Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MV-1 Accessible Vehicle

MV-1 Accessible Vehicle

Hello everyone. On April 6-8 at the New York International Auto Show http://www.autoshowny.com/show I will be at the MV-1 booth. Please come experience the MV-1, it's an amazing accessible vehicle, there will also be a MV-1 Taxi demonstration as well. As an advocate for SCI, every town even private should have an accessible Taxi, so come help me make this happen. Experiencing the MV-1 has been one of my most greatest experiences when it comes to the accessible ride. I had issues with my previous ride and when it came to answering those issues the MV-1 did it. Whether you're in the market to buy or not, come experience this one with me.

An important question I'm being asked abut the MV-1 is it doesn't show the driver section without a seat for the driver from a wheelchair. There's no hand controls and other options. They don't see these conversions. First answers is as a 13 year owner of a previous converted van, ''No'' vehicle ever started ADA approved or in the thought of a physically challenged owner as myself except today with the MV-1. They were showroom vehicles ,sent to a local conversion center and thees options were converted which added 25-40,000 dollars to the unconverted vehicle. The MV-1 even in it's factory form is the most optionally ready vehicle. Because ever own has different needs and abilities, removing a seat, adding hand controls and any other options are at the owner's choice, still making the MV-1 a better choice. Also without a doubt , When it comes to my 13 years experience ,the MV-1 in 1 month of use, made up for it. Lastly, even my converted van needed added options and in my town ,my friends at Drive Masters are phenomenal http://www.drive-master.com/ so if you need anything in the MV-1 find a similar team in your area.

Hey friend , please check out my latest MV-1 video, it's a good vehicle http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X28ADFPtjT8
    Last edited by professirx; 03-30-2012 at 08:53 AM.

I'd love to have a smaller vehicle like yours, but I'm about 5'4" when sitting so that makes it an impossibility. Not to mention being broke. lol

i'm sure they can fix the seating situation,

Quote Originally Posted by Scott C4/5 View Post
    I'd love to have a smaller vehicle like yours, but I'm about 5'4" when sitting so that makes it an impossibility. Not to mention being broke. lol

very nice! Excellent production quality.

What is the door height on that vehicle? A standard door height on a ford van is 48 inches and I would have to tilt half-way back to get inside without knocking my head.

bout 60 inches,i'll get link to specs

Quote Originally Posted by Scott C4/5 View Post
    What is the door height on that vehicle? A standard door height on a ford van is 48 inches and I would have to tilt half-way back to get inside without knocking my head.

Quote Originally Posted by professirx View Post
    bout 60 inches,i'll get link to specs
    thanks...

It's a shame that the MV1 was designed for the disabled passenger instead of the disabled driver. Or has that changed? Professor, is the driver disabled in the video?
    And the truth shall set you free.

You can drive but you have to tranfer from your chair on the passenger side to the driver seat.
    I think it was poorly done for people who have to depend on themselfs.
    Google it and jay leno had one they showed and he asked about people driving it themselfs.
    Really was made for a transport van instead of indepent.
    Really bad move by this company imo.

Art
    Art