Thread: not sci viral?

not sci viral?

So... My uro just made an appt. For a customer, waste of time but he said I most likely have this GO thing going around.
    Woke up soaked in urine again (we have upped my oxybutin) so put in a call. He's of the mindset if I don't have a fever don't treat.
    Years ago I would have been in tears having wet my sheets, now its shower and move on.
    I still feel like Crap, put a call in to the uro who is off and I'll have to explain to some voice SCI etc.

I have white Crap at the back of my throat and still no taste.
    I have cipro laying somewhere should I just take it?
    I have errands to run and feel Luke a bus hit me but gotta keep moving and living.
    Rant done.
    Get involved in politics as if your life depended on it, because it does. -- Justin Dart

I shall not tolerate ignorance or hate speech on this site.

Sorry on Droid so there are typos. I'm trying to get errands done.
    Get involved in politics as if your life depended on it, because it does. -- Justin Dart

I have never heard of GO (other than as a computer virus) and cannot find anything on it from Google, but if you have a viral gastroenteritis, here is some information on this:

http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dvrd/revb/gastro/faq.htm

You need to REST and let your body heal. Anti-viral drugs may help some, but are not recommended in the information above. It will take a while to recover, and keeping yourself well hydrated is critical.

Did your doctor inspect your throat? You may have thrush (oral yeast infection), which can also affect your sense of taste. This can be treated with a medication you swish and swallow. You may want to check back with your PCP doctor the first of the week.

(KLD)

GO was a typo should have been GI
    Thanks Splinter. I just don't have time to rest but you're right. It always seems like a weekend one needs a dr.

oh well...

In addition to KLD's wisdom, don't just throw old Cipro at the problem. It will make thrush worse. Taking a partial dose makes your infection worse by killing the weakest bacteria and leaving the most resilient to behind, which can result in the development of resistant bacteria -- bad for you and everybody else, too. And even if you have a bacterial infection [unknown at this time], if the bacteria aren't sensitive to Cipro, you'll be wasting your time and delaying the appropriate treatment.

Hope things start improving for you real soon.
    It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who are willing to endure pain with patience.

~Julius Caesar

I know the logic, but was hoping good ol' cipro would do the trick. Off to bed. Thanks again.

Hope the sleep helped. I know it can be hard, with your body going through so much, but try to rest more please! ...for your body, mind and soul.