I attended and participated in a focus group regarding a home care service that is intersted in starting a service in Aiken, SC., designed to keep seniors and others with health or mobility issues safely in their homes. They have a care model that has a history of success through managing a retirement community in Columbia, S.C. that offers different levels of care from cottages, apartments and a nursing facility. It was a thorough and interesting.

The presenters said each home care employee would be at least a CNA and the company has a training progrom, too. Proapective empoyees are fully vetted includeing criminal check and drug testing. Random drug test are adminiated as weell.

The CNAs will perform bathing, dressing, feeding, light houssekeeping, lawn mowing (subcontraced) running errands and other service as needed/dessired. The home caare specialit requires a three hour minimum.

This service is affiated the the Episcopal Church, but no one is required to be Episcopalian.They are aiming for a cost of $17. 50 per hour, three hour minimum.

Sounds reasonable to me.

I'll keep you posted at this progresses, or not.