Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: topamax ?

topamax ?

thinkin of topamax for this burning i have whats yalls thoughts of it did it help does it have bad side effects what dosage you takev
    to alcohol the cause of-and solution to-all of lifes problems [homer simpson]

I lost alot of weight and I became very forgetful.

It seems to be working ok for me
    ACDF C5/C6, C6/C7 9/2011& Central Cord Syndrome

does it stop the burning pains for yall

Quote Originally Posted by faceplant View Post
    It seems to be working ok for me

what dosage are you on

I would agree with TMAZ. I have a burning sensation in the pelvic area. Very strong. Started on low doses and increased to 100mg. My mind was foggy and my temperment changed. I quit using them.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeMonte View Post
    I would agree with TMAZ. I have a burning sensation in the pelvic area. Very strong. Started on low doses and increased to 100mg. My mind was foggy and my temperment changed. I quit using them.

do yu take anything for it or do you just kinda get used to it

I spent two pretty horrible weeks on Topamax because the side effects were intolerable [memory loss, inability to focus, loss of appetite, nausea, diarrhea, nervousness, trouble sleeping, depression, blurred vision]. I now list it in my drug allergies profile.

I'm getting good relief from central pain, including the burning, through a combination of methadone, amitriptyline, and gabapentin.
    It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who are willing to endure pain with patience.

~Julius Caesar

I am on 50mg twice a day I have noticed only some memory problems but no other side effects.
    ACDF C5/C6, C6/C7 9/2011& Central Cord Syndrome

I am getting good relief from burning pelvic pain with 20mgs. of amitriptyline. Looking at the research on this med I found that there may be a window of effectiveness when used for pain in some people. If the dosage is too low or too high it does not work. They recommend starting at the lowest dose (10mgs.) and working upward until effectiveness is optimal or a reaching the maximum dosage without results. It has been suggested that some people are started on too high a dosage and overshooting the window. Thus, they conclude that it does not work when it might at a lower dose.
    You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
    http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
    http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/