Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Support Roman Reed Paralysis Act

Support Roman Reed Paralysis Act

You can do this in two seconds by going to my blog! And don't forget to tell your friends.

You can help lead the charge to cure paralysis by sending an email to the three California assembly members. We need your help to pass the funding for this very important piece of legislation by 27 March 2012.

Here is the information from Don Reed's Stem Cell Battles blog.
    Last year, the funding was cut off for California’s Roman Reed Spinal Cord Injury Research Act. This is the law which funded the famous “paralyzed rats that walked again” stem cell research that Christopher Reeve so often talked about.
    BUT– here is some great news!
    Assembly Bill 1657 Roman Reed Research Funding Act (Wieckowski, D-Fremont) was officially filed today in California!
    We need your support as the first committee vote (Public Safety) is next Tuesday, March 27th.

We need one short email letter of support

Background:
    The Roman Reed Spinal Cord Injury Research Act was first signed into CA Law in 1999. We provided State funds of 1.5 Million annually to be administered through the UC system to any researcher in CA working on SCI or closely related. Our program is operated at the UC Irvine Christopher Reeve Center and the Roman Reed Core Laboratory is supported within the Center and provides on-site equipment free of charge to new SCI researchers or collaborations.
    Supported over 300 Scientists and staff, our program produced over 125 peer reviewed medical breakthroughs, and provided the initial funding to pioneer Dr. Hans Keirstead’s work with re-insulating the damaged spine– work that became the Geron Trials!

Please send your one-sentence email today!
    Dennis Tesolat
    www.StemCellsandAtomBombs.blogspot.com

"Change does not roll in on the wheels of inevitability, but comes through continuous struggle. And so we must straighten our backs and work for our freedom."
    Martin Luther King

Dennis, thanks for putting this together so fast. It should make it easier to send a link to friends and family so they too can send a quick e-mail in support of this.

I sent my e-mails last night.

Quote Originally Posted by 2TiRods View Post
    Dennis, thanks for putting this together so fast. It should make it easier to send a link to friends and family so they too can send a quick e-mail in support of this.

I sent my e-mails last night.
    It's my complete pleasure. Doing work to promote cure actually makes my body feel better.
    Dennis Tesolat

"Change does not roll in on the wheels of inevitability, but comes through continuous struggle. And so we must straighten our backs and work for our freedom."
    Martin Luther King

Good job with all of that, Dennis. You made it very easy to send out those emails. Even from my iPhone ! Come on everyone...send out some emails !

done..thanks for making it easy and bringing it to my attention..next

stemcellsand atombombs, thank you for your efforts. Your effort in this campaing and your posting on the forum is a march forward for all of us.

Take care
    anthony

I hope all the lookers are sending emails

Quote Originally Posted by djrolling View Post
    I hope all the lookers are sending emails
    I sent mine
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Exclamation The Leader's Role in Transforming Ideas into Action

Quote Originally Posted by StemCells&AtomBombs View Post
    You can do this in two seconds by going to my blog! And don't forget to tell your friends.

You can help lead the charge to cure paralysis by sending an email to the three California assembly members. We need your help to pass the funding for this very important piece of legislation by 27 March 2012.

We need one short email letter of support

Please send your one-sentence email today!

Charlie Hartwell is President of Ideas to Go, a leading Innovation Process Consulting firm which helps large organizations catalyze their dynamic thinking, and uncover new opportunities for their brands.

Sometimes even the greatest ideas go off course or become stalled.
    Charlie explains that it is the leader's role to take that situation and creatively reroute it, with the potential to make it even better than the original concept. Flexibility and resourcefulness are keys to making ideas happen. Rock on Dennis!

OK. Not a bad night. We got to about a hundred already.
    Let's make sure that your friends and family know about it.
    An email is better than facebook, but facebook is good too.
    Your friends and family members know and trust you so remember to pass it on
    Dennis Tesolat

Martin Luther King