Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: When you dream at night...

When you dream at night...

I had my spinal cord injury 15 years ago and every night that I have dreams, I am 100% healthy. In my dreams I'm walking normal, running great and at 100% health. Is everyone else like that also or do you have dreams with you in your current health state (paralyzed or injured)?
    Read about my spinal cord injury here: http://www.shanegoddard.com

Quote Originally Posted by Shane_G View Post
    I had my spinal cord injury 15 years ago and every night that I have dreams, I am 100% healthy. In my dreams I'm walking normal, running great and at 100% health. Is everyone else like that also or do you have dreams with you in your current health state (paralyzed or injured)?
    This comes up a lot. I wonder if there's a study somewhere. 30 years post I'm running, walking, surfing, flying, falling, jumping, having sex with rock stars, solving murders, scaling mountains, swimming with orcas.....never a chair in sight.
    I do have issues with finding a bathroom but I'm still standing.
    Get involved in politics as if your life depended on it, because it does. -- Justin Dart

I shall not tolerate ignorance or hate speech on this site.

Same in my dreams.

Had a dream last night. I walked about 20 feet then told someone to give me back my chair. Often have dreams that I can walk a small distance. Maybe its because I rehab at home about 4 hours a day. If we center on something allot, we have a tendency to dream about it. So in real life we can also micro focus on stuff. I'm starting to get a small glut muscle in my butt, about the size of a marble. Of course I'm very very focused on trying to make in grow. Was at the doctors office in the lobby, there was this very attractive young women with her back to me and all I could think of was NICE GLUTS.
    T12L1 Incomplete Still here This is the place to be 58 years old

Flying, that's a real case of butt envy. I have it too. Not sure where my butt went too but I sure didn't appreciate it enough when I had one!

I had one the other night where I was playing basketball, which I did every weekend before my accident. Upon waking up, I tried to get up, thinking it was real. Imagine my disappointment when my legs didn't move. From what others tell me, it is quite common to do that.

I was 27 when I started using a chair (not SCI). I almost never have dreams where I am using a chair though I do have nightmares when I am walking downtown or where ever and suddenly I feel tired and in pain and I remember I need my chair. Somehow I've walked far from home but now I'm stranded and I get anyone to understand, I need my chair.

I had a neighbor who told me she had nightmares of being chased by wheelchairs. She was in her eighties and living with MS since the 50's.

I guess my worst dreams are when I realize my chair is missing and I'm stuck and people are just walking by.

I never asked my friend who went deaf in one ear if he dreams he can hear or my friends who are blind if they dream as if they never lost their sight. I bet they do though. Maybe it's all about the formative years when we are very young. It would be interesting to find out from someone who began using a chair when they were five, if they use a chair in their dreams.

I was injured 5 months ago from today, I'm still walking and running and everything in my dreams.

45 years later and I have never had a dream where I am paralyzed or restricted in any way in my movements.

Interestingly, I'll have dreams where I'm aware of limitations, but don't quite know why. My dreams fluctuate from able-bodied to crippled to being limited (but answers aren't present).