Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bungee jump

Bungee jump

What's up with people doing stuff strapped to their chairs?
    Pretty funny though how they just throw her over the side.

I think the title "Blonde paraplegic girl..." is pretty funny.

The chair is kind of cheating, unless her body/bones were compromised to take the impact (tho they could have tucked her legs and harnessed her torso). In any case, they should have strapped her to hang head down.

you have to think it would have been easier to do without the chair, wonder how much trouble it was to get her and the chair back up, come to think of it that way her legs did not
    fly up and hit her in the head or anything. Hopefully they thought it over and decided that was the best way.

I'd be worried about the jolt at the bottom. Watched a clip of someone doing it off a crane, he came right back up and ate the platform. Rather jump out of a plane.
    Have to give her credit for having bigger balls than I. Did they say she was blonde?

She probably thought that the chair would be like an egg crate. She probably couldn't have jumped with her feet secured to the bungee cord in the traditional way. Would have broken both her legs if she has osteoporosis.

I thought it was kind of stupid looking, but what ever floats your boat.
    Anything worth doing, is worth doing to excess

That is so cool.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Awesome

I think it's great.... and I think that's Christi R being hurled over the side in Whistler BC.
    Now, I want to do it too.

Blog Entries
    Even with my aging, soft bones, I'd love to try that!:-)
    Don - Grad Student Emeritus
    T3 ASIA A 26 years post injury

I think it would be safer to be chucked over strapped to the chair. I'd be scared of the 'snap' doing it the regular way.

And we have an explaination!

I get it, but I don't totally buy it.

(CBS News) Christi "LynX" Rougoor loved racing her dirt bike, but when the Canadian native suffered a catastrophic motocross accident when she was 21 that confined her to a wheelchair, she needed to search "for that rush to replace what I have lost."

Enter wheelchair bungee jumping. A video of Rougoor being thrust off a bridge in Whistler, British Columbia has gone viral.

She made the 160-foot leap with a company called 9Lives Adventures, an organization that teams up "able and disabled extreme adventure seekers."

"Almost everyone who asks me about 9Lives Adventures wants to know, 'How does someone bungee jump if he or she is in a wheelchair or has physical disabilities?' 9Lives founder Karim Ladki, an "avid thrill seeker" who was nearly paralyzed with a neck injury and has since recovered, said on the 9Lives site.

Ladki says wheelchairs are very sturdy and bungee jumping while in a wheelchair actually keeps the body more steady than jumping without one and keeps the bloodflow from going to the jumper's head. Wheelchair jumpers also have a specific bungee cord tied to the axles of the wheelchair.

Judging by Rougoor's reaction, she enjoyed the trip. "First and definitely not the last time going bungee jumping in whistler, BC," she says in the video's caption on YouTube.

"Christi 'LynX' Rougoor has obviously lived many of her lives," reads her bio on the 9Lives website. "She holds enough power to FIGHT people and perceptions, but also holds even more power to HELP people and perceptions."