Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dad not copeing

Excellent news! Thanks for the update, sledge hocky is crazy, I'd love to have a go at that!

Has dad started to realize Ez's capabilities now?
    T11 Asia A after near-fatal bike crash.. Just happy to still be here

No, I didn't loose my mind... It got scared and ran away!!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Mom15 View Post
    Ez did join carecure last week which will be great for him I believe. He is involved with sled hockey as he has played hockey since the age of 3. He was in Jrs on his way to college hockey when he sustained his SCI last Dec 11. He just returned from the USA festival in TX. He had a great time with his team bonding and having fun with them. The team is very supportive of him too.

I am very proud of how his attitude is so positive as are others. He has goals that he will obtain I am sure of it.
    College this fall with a goal of going on to law school after. He is doing great.
    I'm so glad to hear the good news about your son. Sounds like things are definitely looking "UP" for your family. Has his Dad changed his attitude any realizing that his son is doing great now? So glad to hear the team is real supportive of your son.

Not sure if Dad gets it yet.. however he seems more open to listen more. He was ready a book that another SCI hockey player had written. Hopefully he will see that what Ezra is saying is real. Ezra and I are going Southern WI in June to attend a day with the Adaptive Adventures to wakeboard and or ski. Ezra did wakeboard prior to his injury. Should be fun.
    We also got some good news that he is invited to NY for a sled hockey camp with USA hockey olyimpions. He is really exicted as that weekend is also the olympic tryout. I am so happy for him as hockey was and is a big part of his life.

sounds great!!! sports are a great way to get confidence back! where in new york is the hockey camp?
    "Smells like death in a bucket of chicken!"
    http://www.elportavoz.com/

Rochester NY. I see that is where you live. I do not have anymore details as of yet.

Rochester NY. I see that is where you live. I do not have anymore details as of yet.
    oh wow!! yes that is where i live! perhaps we could meet up!
    "Smells like death in a bucket of chicken!"
    http://www.elportavoz.com/

another backstep yesterday... my son and his dad just can not communicate. i believe my son is feeling the pain of not being able to do the manuel things that he did before his injury and is very sensative to what anyone says. where his dad does not think before he talks. We need family counseling or support group of some kind before we all fall apart.

another backstep yesterday... my son and his dad just can not communicate. i believe my son is feeling the pain of not being able to do the manuel things that he did before his injury and is very sensative to what anyone says. where his dad does not think before he talks. We need family counseling or support group of some kind before we all fall apart.
    Before my injury, my dad and I were like that. Mom setup a couple sessions, but it didn't improve anything.. We just don't have anything in common and have different views on just about everything.

My dad visited me a total of 10 time while I was in hospital..once a month on average, an I can bet 9 of those were foced upon him by my family.

I've pretty much giving him a big FUCK YOU since my injury and don't talk to him unless necessary, it seems to suit both of us just fine. No therapy needed to figure it out for us.

You can't make two people like each other unless they want to.
    ---------
    C5-6 / '88

reed-em. I moved my son to my mom's today. Less stress for him. I am hurting as miss him but at least he will be less stressfull. I pray that their relationship is not how you and your dad ended up being. Maybe I am pulling at straws.

He's lucky to have such a thoughtful and loving mum and gran at least
    T11 Asia A after near-fatal bike crash.. Just happy to still be here

No, I didn't loose my mind... It got scared and ran away!!