Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: When Huang operates C. Reeve

When Huang operates C. Reeve

hello

I wonder, if Dr. Huang's operations are success story why Christopher Reeve doesn't take the surgery? He has the means. Anyone knows anything?
    He plans it or his doctors don't recommend it?

Why he is not taking it?
    Thanks
    Bubo

Good question, which I was asking myself thousands of time in a day. WHY??

i think it would have a neg impact on his fundraising here in the states due to the pro life issues

so if he does it would be kept quiet i would think

fuent-
    No, CR is a very vocal critic of the Bush admin regarding stem cell, and a public supporter of continued research.
    If he was confident in the procedure and positive potential outcome, then wouldn't it only help to further his cause?
    I don't think he would take the risk without reliable and valid data.
    Regardless, who knows but CR the reasons anyway.

Since Jeff saw him attending Dr Huang's presentation at the Keck Centre, he is obviously interested in all this.

My guess is that he is adopting a wait and see attitude, maybe even reading the carecure reports from bob, tim and hopefully soon, cjo.

-------
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid occasionally, but some people abuse the privilege.

i think the dicision to have this procedure is a huge and brave step for anyone even CR. my guess is he will have go for it, AGAIN THIS IS MY GUESS!LOL gloria

Maybe he is waiting/fighting to be able to have this surgery done in the US. It would take longer but the payoff would be much greater for everyone IMHO

I hate to be harsh but, man, a lot of people on this site our in serious denial! I mean, "see you at the used-to-be paralysis reunion"

sherman brayton

Originally posted by brayton:

I hate to be harsh but, man, a lot of people on this site our in serious denial! I mean, "see you at the used-to-be paralysis reunion"

sherman brayton
    You're just now figuring this out? LOL

I'm not sure - maybe someone could back me up on this - but I remember reading somewhere - Jeff, maybe in your notes from the lecture? - that Dr. Huang and the hospital in China are not equipped to take vent patients as of now. That would be a very simple answer to your question re Mr. Reeve.