Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: From Reeves foundation

Quote Originally Posted by keeping on View Post
    Cheese, thanks. Silver has said all along that breathing, bowel and bladder and perhaps sexual function might be repaired with his strategy. Wise Young is the on ly one to talk walking at thsi time. Perhaps Stem Cell Inc could provide it if their theory works. Slow, painfully slow, but moving. I hope that Wise and Silver, who both have 30+years at this, want to see success in their lifetime.

anthony
    Jerry Silver has mentioned walking many times

All true but unfortunately chase is still few years away from trials i guess. Dont know Stem cell Inc brings bladder bowel and sexual function or not.

Its a race...and they are off the gate!

http://www.mefeedia.com/watch/39825240

Am not setting a tone of hopelessness but rather realities on selective candidates for theraputic practices for post spinal cord injury.

Seems to me that scientists are chasing our progress as premises of their case studies. Remember, individual(s) progressing along post SCI injury
    begs a thesis of, why are some progressing without stem cell implants?

Mr. Frank Reynolds is addressing cellular plasticity, now that is reality, brilliant beginning in understanding revival, less invasive than implants.

best of times...LizZenU

Chris, there is a video on the Reeve foundation, I'll try to get it. Silver says that he thinks it will take more to get to walking. He also said a while back that he can take us from 2/3 in sone sort of measure to a 7/8, which is pretty significant. He then went on to say that 12/13 is needed for walking. chris, Ihoep for all of us that we can do things that are unexpected and walk. someone has to come up with something to get us out of these chairs.

anthony

Jerry Silver's emphasis is on all functions. Here is a quote:

"We have a full program in my lab and are one of the only groups in the world where we can evaluate bladder, respiratory and locomotor function within the walls of the same lab. for locomotor function we utilize the BBB scale as well as cat walk and rotarod analyses."

chris, I hope that silver can deliver on walking. the effects of his therapy will improve feeling and sensation and take us up significantly. to get to the higher fundtion, I'm not sure. I want it like the rest of us. to be able to retsore bowel bladder and sexual fudntion. to get poeple off vetilators. all is great. to move forward for once and for all is great. I want walking to get independt and feel alive again.

anthony

My dear friends chris and anthony thank u for ur efforts always. Just pray that meeting of Jerry goes well and we see trials very soon not to wait for few more years to start trials. Wait has ben very long for chase. I remember i asked James Fawcett in 2009 that when he will start trial. He told within 2 to 3 years. Again i asked some days ago and again he said still 2 to 3 years away. Bit discouraging.

Let us wait and just hope for best.

jawaid, just thinking. wise and Dr Silver have been at this for over 30 years each. they are both either in trials or about tostart trials. wise is taking his trials as careful as he can. Results won't be availabel for a while, I think. Chase will be a disappointment , I think. they will have there meeting and probably start on animals. 2-3 years, maybe. Whar some of us need is a clera successful trial to be started and the results announced by Sanjay gupta. that would be nice.

anthony

Anthony who is sanjay gupta? Is he doing any trial?

At the moment i think only stemcell inc is doing neural stem cell trial Anthony not any other using neural cells on spinal injury patients anywhere in the world.