Thread: Soy oil affects burning pain

Soy oil affects burning pain

This may sound weird, but soy oil affects my level of pain. When I was injured the small rural hospital put a sandbag in the middle of my back for a week without moving me. The scar tissue sometimes burns like crazy. I have discovered that if I avoid soy oil I either do not get the burning pain or it is much less. Why would food affect this? Has anyone else ever experienced a food-caused burning?

Hi 47+ - there is a story that a guy goes to a doctor and says, "Hey, doc, it hurts when I push right there on my side". The doc replies, "Well then, don't push there".

Your story is similar, If soy makes the pain worse then I would avoid soy oil. I have no idea why that would help but I am glad you found a way to afford some relief.

Quote Originally Posted by arndog View Post
    Hi 47+ - there is a story that a guy goes to a doctor and says, "Hey, doc, it hurts when I push right there on my side". The doc replies, "Well then, don't push there".

Your story is similar, If soy makes the pain worse then I would avoid soy oil. I have no idea why that would help but I am glad you found a way to afford some relief.
    Thank you. I'm glad, too. Believe me, I avoid soy oil like the plague!