Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question about Schwalbe tires?

Glad you heard from them! If I remember correctly, my pair of RR are more than 2 years old. There are cuts and such in various places, but they hold air well. I wonder if a new pair would have more traction (I spun out when it snowed this year), but I'm kind of wanting to see how long they'll last. I've got a new pair waiting in the closet!

I use a very old pair of Marathons on my old chair (which my Dragonfly attaches to). They're at least 6 years old now (haven't been used daily for over 3 years, though).

I run around a lot, but I guess I'm easy on them since I'm fairly lightweight.

I've been using RRs for a couple of years, and they certainly last longer than a couple of months. I did have one tire where the bead broke; I took a picture of it and sent it to Schwalbe, and they sent me a new tire. You might try that.

Quote Originally Posted by ryano View Post
    I wrote Schwalbe a email through their website and they replied and asked me to fill out a warranty claim and attach the pictures and they would look into it.

I will update as soon as I hear something back from them.
    I'm very interested to hear how they respond to your claim, please do let us know. :-)

I've had numerous returns and warranties on my Scwalbe R 650c handcycle tires. They had a bad run or whatever. I always did the warranty claim with photos along with a photo of the batch number, explained the circumstances and everytime it was okayed. I even did a few where I didn't have the actual tire, just took photos of an old one with the same problem.

Scwalbe has never given me any reason to look elsewhere. I had Continentals 5000's on before the S and never got any satisfaction from them. It was thereason I changed.

The reply from the warranty department today

Hi Ryan,

No, this is not normal. I am sending you 2 replacement tires. It almost appears to be a chemical reaction, as if the tires rolled through something that they didn’t like.

At any rate, let me know how the new tires hold up. Also, when you swap out the tires, could you please send me pictures of the two production codes (one per tire).
    This would be very helpful.

The production code should look like this:

Nicely done, Schwalbe!

He who hears not me but the Logos will say: All is one.

Wow, thanks for posting that. I didn't think they'd respond. I'm not used to companies responding when there's a problem though I have to say Tilite has been in my case a real exception. Had all sorts of little things wrong when I got my TR and they bent over backwards so many times to get even the small things right, I mean they just woulnd't quit. I was impressed and still am. I had a bad experience ordering from Schwalbe a few years ago and that really stuck with me. I am glad to see there are folks there who care.

Quote Originally Posted by DaleB View Post
    Nicely done, Schwalbe!

With schwalbe we will never have a problem, when i went for marathon plus one of them was defect, they just sent my a new one.
    Anyway i think they have to increase their quality controls.

Any ideas of where to get RR's in 26" size that isnt as pricey as the Schwalbe site (more like the Sportaid site prices)? Sportaid says they dont carry the 26" version as they 'arent as popular', and some other website I looked at seem sketchy so I'm avoiding rolling the dice with that.

I'd love to try them out, is there a big difference compared to Vtracs at 100lbs? Anyone see an increased incidence of tube blowouts running at the RR pressures?