Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: My computer won't move!

My pc keeps freezing up. I ran fix it center & it said that all of these things are running in IE.
    What do I need to do?

Last Run Results (Saturday, March 24, 2012 7:50:25 PM)
    Issues checked Status
    AGSearchHook Class is running in Internet Explorer Checked Other Solutions
    Alot Toolbar is running in Internet Explorer Checked Other Solutions
    Alot Toolbar Helper is running in Internet Explorer Checked Other Solutions
    AOL Toolbar is running in Internet Explorer Checked Other Solutions
    Ask Toolbar is running in Internet Explorer Checked Other Solutions
    AVG Safe Search is running in Internet Explorer Checked Other Solutions
    Baidu Toolbar is running in Internet Explorer Checked Other Solutions
    BitDefender Toolbar is running in Internet Explorer Checked Other Solutions
    Blubster Toolbar is running in Internet Explorer Checked Other Solutions
    Comcast Toolbar is running in Internet Explorer Checked Other Solutions
    Cooliris is running in Internet Explorer Checked Other Solutions
    CouponBar is running in Internet Explorer Checked Other Solutions
    Delicious Toolbar is running in Internet Explorer Checked Other Solutions
    DoubleD Toolbar is running in Internet Explorer Checked Other Solutions
    Earthlink Toolbar Protection BHO is running in Internet Explorer Checked Other Solutions
    Ebay Toolbar is running in Internet Explorer Checked Other Solutions
    FoxyTunes Toolbar is running in Internet Explorer Checked Other Solutions
    Google Toolbar is running in Internet Explorer Checked Other Solutions
    Google Toolbar Helper is running in Internet Explorer Checked Other Solutions
    Google Toolbar Notifier BHO is running in Internet Explorer Checked Other Solutions
    Grab Pro Toolbar is running in Internet Explorer Checked Other Solutions
    HP Smart Web Printing is running in Internet Explorer Checked Other Solutions
    LBBHO Browser Helper Object is running in Internet Explorer Checked Other Solutions
    Morpheus Bar Search Assistant is running in Internet Explorer Checked Other Solutions
    GamesBar is running in Internet Explorer Checked Other Solutions
    Orange Toolbar is running in Internet Explorer Checked Other Solutions
    PC Confidential 2008 is running in Internet Explorer Checked Other Solutions
    PDF Creator is running in Internet Explorer Checked Other Solutions
    PPLive is running in Internet Explorer Checked Other Solutions
    PPLive Accelerator is running in Internet Explorer Checked Other Solutions
    PriceGongCtrl Class Browser Helper Object is running in Internet Explorer Checked Other Solutions
    Quero Toolbar is running in Internet Explorer Checked Other Solutions
    ReGetBar Toolbar is running in Internet Explorer Checked Other Solutions
    Roxio Drive Letter Access BHO is running in Internet Explorer Checked Other Solutions
    RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin is running in Internet Explorer Checked Other Solutions
    Skype Plugin is running in Internet Explorer Checked Other Solutions
    SmartShopper is running in Internet Explorer Checked Other Solutions
    Veoh Web Player Toolbar is running in Internet Explorer Checked Other Solutions
    Viewpoint Toolbar is running in Internet Explorer Checked Other Solutions
    VMN Toolbar is running in Internet Explorer Checked Other Solutions
    Weather Channel Toolbar is running in Internet Explorer Checked Other Solutions
    Xfinity Toolbar is running in Internet Explorer Checked Other Solutions
    Xfinity Toolbar Updater is running in Internet Explorer Checked Other Solutions
    Yahoo! Services & Yahoo! IE Services Button is running in Internet Explorer Checked Other Solutions
    Yahoo Toolbar is running in Internet Explorer Checked Other Solutions
    Yahoo Toolbar Helper is running in Internet Explorer Checked Other Solutions
    Yandex Toolbar is running in Internet Explorer Checked Other Solutions
    PC Tools Browser Guard Toolbar is running in Internet Explorer Checked Other Solutions
    Add-ons are causing Internet Explorer to stop responding Checked Other Solutions
    Add-ons may slow down Internet Explorer startup and tab creation Checked Other Solutions

Good lord, get rid of ALL your toolbars! (You should be able to remove them from control panel add/remove programs.)

Thanks T8burst! I went to add/remove programs & it only showed 1 toolbar. It was Inbox Toolbar & I deleted it. How do I find all those other toolbars?

Also I started having problems when I updated my computer & Windows Search 4.0 was installed. I stated taking it off but a window popped up with a long list of things on my pc that would be effected negatively if I deleted it.
    It had a link to read what windows 4.0 search was about. Do I need this? What is it?

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=940157

Thank you so much! Mona

If you don't see them in add/remove: maybe look at this article: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/m.../dd364987.aspx

Maybe that program you ran reported stuff that isn't there. It made it look like you had 10 toolbars! In general the less stuff you have the better so if you see something in add/remove you don't use, remove it. Weather channel thing? Remove and just go to the web site. Things like that are just ways for people to put ads on your computer. It's like cleaning out your closet, if I haven't worn something in a year I throw it. If on your computer if you haven't used a program in a year, remove it (especially if it was free)

You can remove windows search, it wont hurt and probably will help. I remember earlier you had 3 anti virus programs (avg, adaware, and something else) I really recommend you run only one. they can conflict with each other and cause problems. I would remove all three and use windows security essentials.

Also, it maybe just be you have a hardware problem and that is causing it to freeze. How old is the computer?

No idea how old. lightening hit main wire on pole & blew out my pc & hd plasma tv.
    I had to buy a used pc at a computer store.

The thing is it wasn't freezing up. It was fast & great. Now this.

As a rule on add/remove programs should I NOT REMOVE programs that say Microsoft, driver, ???? what else.

I would like to remove windows search 4.0. But it list a bunch of programs it might ruin.

The Fix it that made the report is from Microsoft.

I only use ESSENTIAL since you told me to delete avg, adaware.

Quote Originally Posted by Mona~on~wheels View Post
    No idea how old. lightening hit main wire on pole & blew out my pc & hd plasma tv.
    I had to buy a used pc at a computer store.

The thing is it wasn't freezing up. It was fast & great. Now this.

As a rule on add/remove programs should I NOT REMOVE programs that say Microsoft, driver, ???? what else.

I would like to remove windows search 4.0. But it list a bunch of programs it might ruin.

The Fix it that made the report is from Microsoft.

I only use ESSENTIAL since you told me to delete avg, adaware.
    You can safely remove desktop search. Your other question is hard to answer, but you have the idea if it doesn't say MSFT or driver you are pretty safe. I have members of my family and friends bring me their new laptops/desktops and it usually takes an hour to remove all the crap they put on computers to try and sell you stuff you dont want or need. From what I remember of you hijackthis scan that you posted you really didn't have a lot of extra stuff installed, which is why I am starting to think it may be a hardware problem, especially if you bought it used. Wish you were local, I would be happy to look at it for you, but its hard to debug this stuff over the internet!

Quote Originally Posted by t8burst View Post
    You can safely remove desktop search. Your other question is hard to answer, but you have the idea if it doesn't say MSFT or driver you are pretty safe. I have members of my family and friends bring me their new laptops/desktops and it usually takes an hour to remove all the crap they put on computers to try and sell you stuff you dont want or need. From what I remember of you hijackthis scan that you posted you really didn't have a lot of extra stuff installed, which is why I am starting to think it may be a hardware problem, especially if you bought it used. Wish you were local, I would be happy to look at it for you, but its hard to debug this stuff over the internet!
    Yeah me too. I appreciate all the help you've given me. I deleted Window 4 search & it's doing better but still slow. But not freezing up. No I don't add things to my pc.

I found something might be interesting. Not sure it will help. I found a diagnostic ck they did before I bought it. Not sure if they fixed or changed anything after running it.

Here it is though.

Last diagnostic run time: 04/07/11 10:53:50 Network Adapter Diagnostic
    Network location detection

info Using home Internet connection
    Network adapter identification

warn This machine doesn't have any installed network adapters. The required network device drivers may have not been installed
    info Redirecting user to support call

HTTP, HTTPS, FTP Diagnostic
    HTTP, HTTPS, FTP connectivity

warn HTTP: Error 12007 connecting to www.microsoft.com: The server name or address could not be resolved
    warn HTTPS: Error 12007 connecting to www.microsoft.com: The server name or address could not be resolved
    warn FTP (Passive): Error 12007 connecting to ftp.microsoft.com: The server name or address could not be resolved
    warn FTP (Active): Error 12007 connecting to ftp.microsoft.com: The server name or address could not be resolved
    warn HTTP: Error 12007 connecting to www.hotmail.com: The server name or address could not be resolved
    warn HTTPS: Error 12007 connecting to www.passport.net: The server name or address could not be resolved
    error Could not make an HTTP connection.
    error Could not make an HTTPS connection.
    error Could not make an FTP connection.

That looks like they ran it either unconnected to the network or without the network driver installed. Since you just posted from it I think they managed to fix it

Well that's a good thing! Thanks t8burst! Mona

Mona, if you are worried athat you shouldn't remove somethng, just set a restore point, so that you can go back after, just in case.
    T7-8 since Feb 2005