Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GnR in R&R H of F =Grief Spasm

GnR in R&R H of F =Grief Spasm

Guns nRoses in the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame!

I wanna high five Jake so bad.

Is this survivable?

Duh. Yes. My Mother survived it.

I always knew she was tougher than me, though.

God, it's the little things that sneak up on you and kick you in the gut. I so carefully indoctrinated that boy in good music, lest he fall prey to the genre of "bitches n hos" and "mah niggah". It didn't actually work, but dude I tried. The roadtrips w/ Jake and me headbanging side-by-side...

Emotional breakdowns are like a box of chocolates. Which makes no sense, but anyway. Thanks for being here, guys. I called my bff, who thought I had an unhealthy obsession w/ Axl Rose back in the day. Now it's Duff Mc Kagan I adore, but nonetheless, it's my kid I miss.

How can ALL of GNR still be alive? (Steven Adler, I'm lookin' at YOU!)

Yay GNR! Boo grief, in spasm form or any other.

I pray those spasms lessen with time Bethy it's still so raw - but I'm so relieved your posting again - writing is your release - make it your drug of choice for now - every word just makes me long to know you better and more - we want to ease your pain so bad.

Does it help at all if I tell you I think - even though he's physically gone I believe he's still always with you - he's just moved to that other place!
    You know the part in the movie - Steel Magnolias - when they're all at the cemetery and Sally Field is pouring out her heart and pain to the world. Daryl Hannah talks to her - about how she believed that she thought maybe her daughter needed to go up to heaven where she could better take care of all those people that she loved in her life with no encumbrances - well maybe that's the same case for Jake - he's in a place now where he can really truly watch over you and keep you safe and give you that extra strength when you need it - cause he loved you that much - hell it's already been tested I think - there in that ditch !

I have no idea what I'm talking about really - but maybe if we ask Shirley McLean real polite like - she'll let you hit her - hard (just like they suggested in that same movie). Although breaking a few plates might work too - anything to lessen that pain.

Yup the Beatles definitely seemed to find the right words for every one of the heartaches we feel in our lives - Garth Brooks got it covered in The Dance too I think - crank 'em all up !

Keep talking Beth !! We're here for you ! {{{hug}}}

Obie
    ~ Be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Mahatma Gandi

" calling all Angels ...... calling all Angels ....walk me through this one .. don't leave me alone .... calling all Angels .... calling all Angels .... we're tryin' and we're hopin' cause we're not sure how ....... this .... goes ..."
    Jane Siberry

Just taking this all in B. and hugging you as tight as I can. This is something a person doesn't get over, it just gets to be more bearable.

I'm so glad you are here. You feel like a kindred sister. One we older brothers take care of when needed.

Betheny, I read this earlier today and I just didn't have words.

I keep thinking....why do you have to be AB to by an RV? I got mine. I am just getting some health and mental issues from last year taken care of. I am slowly getting myself back together. Without Cheesecake...I don't know where I would have ended up on that cold December day but I am glad she reached out to me when she did.

I don't know what your feeling, but I care about you.
    T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

I still have the GnR Greatest Hits you burned and sent me years and years ago. I don't listen to GnR as much as I use to but still have a few of my fave songs by them.
    Aerodynamically, the bumble bee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn't know that, so it goes on flying anyways--Mary Kay Ash

Rock on sister............"living on a prayer" *lil head bang* ow

You were'nt just mother and son.....you were kindred spirits. I feel the same way with my son. You and Jake had the music, Mike and I had the sports. We use to watch games together, and I got tickets to the Cav's as often as I could. We use to have a blast.

There will be things that will remind you of him always, and some things...like the music....that really hit hard. And that's okay.....remember the good times. They mean so much and always will. As time goes on, the hurt won't be so bad, and you'll have all the wonderful memories left to cherish. Be glad you were'nt one of those parents that did'nt bother to take the time to spend any time with their kid/s. And there are a lot of them out there!

Jake will always be with you.....just in a different way now. One that will be hard to get use to, but he's there. You hold him in your heart now. As time goes by, one of these days you'll realize it does'nt hurt so much anymore and it will make you smile. Just like you make us smile when you tell some of the stories of some of the things you two use to do together. I'm glad you had the music together....music is a very special thing to me. It can do so much....make you laugh, cry, be sad, or make you happy. Play the music that use to make you and Jake happy. Someday it will work again.....

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Madsen View Post
    Just taking this all in B. and hugging you as tight as I can. This is something a person doesn't get over, it just gets to be more bearable.

I'm so glad you are here. You feel like a kindred sister. One we older brothers take care of when needed.
    Thank you, all of you. But particularly Patrick, as I also have a vacancy in the older brother slot. And I lived through that.

Tiiiiiiiimmmmeeeeee. Heal me or kill me.

As Izzy said in his GnR days....Patience.

SmokyMtns, my friend, you're right. Kindred spirits. And I did make time w/ him my priority. Tonja, I feel like a wimp on the RV but am trying not to make sudden decisions. (All of mine have been astonishingly askew since December!)

Nov-Love you.
    Last edited by betheny; 03-12-2012 at 10:30 AM.

Time, time and more time, that's all that makes it better.

Like SCI there's no cure but time makes it more bearable.

It's now seven years since my SO lost her son in that quad biking accident and it was at least three years in before she found any sort of peace.

Stay strong Beth and take all the time you need.

I never know what to say other than I think you're F*ckin' amazing, but you probably don't want to hear that stuff. You're in my thoughts.
    Get involved in politics as if your life depended on it, because it does. -- Justin Dart

I shall not tolerate ignorance or hate speech on this site.