Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Last Remaining Resident Puts Wyoming Town Up for Auction

Quote Originally Posted by rdf View Post
    From the article: That's a lot of potential customers if they had something to spend their money on.
    If I remember correctly we passed by something with the biggest Jackalope and people were stopping left and right.

Like your example in Montana...it has to be unique.

In all my travels, I have always stopped where it offered something unique like the carving of the initials in the wall at your place in Montana.

I remember a western store in New Mexico where the walls were lined with Cowboy hats/boots not just any cowboy hats but hats from generations of Cowboys and some dated back to the early 1800's. We walked around reading family histories and looking at pictures for a long time. It was considered a huge honor to have your father's gear displayed there...it was like living history for ranch hands.
    T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

Well as interim mayor (until the ballot stuffing occurs) I appoint you as my chief of staff, Tonja. Round up peeps to join in this collective adventure, call the owner up and find out more info, etc. Once we have a lot more info and details, we can make an informed decision. Oldtimer, I swear you in as Chief of Police. We're renaming Buford to an agreed upon name. All suggestions welcome.
    I nominate you to email him...its in his blog

Have you ever smelled the shit of a Buffalo and its a big pile too LOL

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

Gotta disagree Mr. Mayor, we can't rename the place, nobody will come. Just think if they renamed the Hot Dog, it's over 100 years old and selling better than ever. My wife says she'd like being the RN or Pastor.
    From the time you were born till you ride in a hearse, there is nothing so bad that it couldn't be worse!

All fringe benifits must be authorized by Helen Waite, if you want your SCI fixed go to Helen Waite!

Why be politically correct when you can be right!

The place in Montana was until a few years ago named Lincoln's $10,000 Silver Dollar Bar. Now it's $50,000...people leave silver dollars (since the 50s) and they embed them in the bar and on the walls, ceilings, etc.

They sell a lot of western style trinkets, and they rake in the bucks. Gas, motel, restaurant...
    Quote Originally Posted by darkeyed_daisy View Post
    If I remember correctly we passed by something with the biggest Jackalope and people were stopping left and right.

Like your example in Montana...it has to be unique.

In all my travels, I have always stopped where it offered something unique like the carving of the initials in the wall at your place in Montana.

I remember a western store in New Mexico where the walls were lined with Cowboy hats/boots not just any cowboy hats but hats from generations of Cowboys and some dated back to the early 1800's. We walked around reading family histories and looking at pictures for a long time. It was considered a huge honor to have your father's gear displayed there...it was like living history for ranch hands.
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

For your wife, how 'bout Surgeon General, Postmaster and Pastor of the Love But Verify Church of Latter Day Gimps?
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Gotta disagree Mr. Mayor, we can't rename the place, nobody will come. Just think if they renamed the Hot Dog, it's over 100 years old and selling better than ever. My wife says she'd like being the RN or Pastor.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post

Ok then we need a church! I agree, we can't rename it. We need to re-invent it.

You can't disobey an order from da mayor, Tonja. I appointed you Chief of Staff. Get 'er done girl! That's why mayors have aides, geesh.
    Quote Originally Posted by darkeyed_daisy View Post
    I nominate you to email him...its in his blog

Have you ever smelled the shit of a Buffalo and its a big pile too LOL

Thanks!

Walmart?? You want shopping carts all over the place???
    From the time you were born till you ride in a hearse, there is nothing so bad that it couldn't be worse!

All fringe benifits must be authorized by Helen Waite, if you want your SCI fixed go to Helen Waite!

For your wife, how 'bout Surgeon General, Postmaster and Pastor of the Love But Verify Church of Latter Day Gimps?
    My wife accepts.

Tonja, you can't be disobeying orders. People get arrested for that!

You can't disobey an order from da mayor, Tonja. I appointed you Chief of Staff. Get 'er done girl! That's why mayors have aides, geesh.
    What kind of information would you like to know? I need specifics.

I even found a phone number LOL