Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Last Remaining Resident Puts Wyoming Town Up for Auction

Quote Originally Posted by brucec View Post
    I'm in, but are you buying the store or the town
    just how much land comes with the "town"?

and yes, bobby for mayor
    10 acres and the buildings...according to the article.

So you would own the zip code/post office LOL

Maybe he needs someone to make donuts for those commuters or a coffee shack to sell javas to them if his gas sales has not slowed.
    T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

So much the better if it has it's own post office. We make things happen but not so much that lots of people want to move there.

Bobby, you're the mayor and I'll enforce the law. Better start bidding cuz it's gonna go high!
    From the time you were born till you ride in a hearse, there is nothing so bad that it couldn't be worse!

All fringe benifits must be authorized by Helen Waite, if you want your SCI fixed go to Helen Waite!

Why be politically correct when you can be right!

I doubt he'll get many, if any, bids, but I could be wrong.

If 5 or 10 of us got together, the mortgage would be peanuts. We could build a waterslide or something else that attracts kids, who'll be screaming at their folks to pull over pull over!!! There's already an RV park.

I grew up with this place when it was just a tiny bar; I was born and raised as a young'n 30 miles away, across the border in Idaho. Now it's huge and makes millions. When I was 4 or 5, I remember my dad stole the huge wooden Indian they had out front, and stuck it in the trunk of his '49 ford sideways. Had to tie it down, the feller was about 7 feet tall, haha. He took it back when he sobered up. My pops was good buds with the owner before he died.

But we could make something similar, it would be a profitable endeavor, and if not, it'd be a great project to have fun with.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    So much the better if it has it's own post office. We make things happen but not so much that lots of people want to move there.

Bobby, you're the mayor and I'll enforce the law. Better start bidding cuz it's gonna go high!
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

Craig Hospital is 2 hours away. Cheyenne is 25 miles away.

There would be lots of ways to make this place profitable besides tourists. Tourism has dropped off but most are opting for state parks which this sits between several. With Cheyenne Frontier Days I would say the RV park is at full capacity at least once a year. I was thinking about the commuters between Laramie and Cheyenne.

He has had it up for sale by owner for a while. I don't think he will get a bidder. He has been on the Today show and many other TV shows with it up for sale and it didn't sell.

If your read the second post I posted, it took him two years to get his price when the other owner died. He has made lots of improvements but it is a horrible time to sell. I lost half my house's value...he will lose more I would say just because things aren't inflated anymore. I have been through that area and it is beautiful. It is remote and it takes a special kind of person to live in a remote area alone like he has done.

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

Well as interim mayor (until the ballot stuffing occurs) I appoint you as my chief of staff, Tonja. Round up peeps to join in this collective adventure, call the owner up and find out more info, etc. Once we have a lot more info and details, we can make an informed decision. Oldtimer, I swear you in as Chief of Police. We're renaming Buford to an agreed upon name. All suggestions welcome.
    Quote Originally Posted by darkeyed_daisy View Post
    Craig Hospital is 2 hours away. Cheyenne is 25 miles away.

There would be lots of ways to make this place profitable besides tourists. Tourism has dropped off but most are opting for state parks which this sits between several. With Cheyenne Frontier Days I would say the RV park is at full capacity at least once a year. I was thinking about the commuters between Laramie and Cheyenne.

He has had it up for sale by owner for a while. I don't think he will get a bidder. He has been on the Today show and many other TV shows with it up for sale and it didn't sell.

If your read the second post I posted, it took him two years to get his price when the other owner died. He has made lots of improvements but it is a horrible time to sell. I lost half my house's value...he will lose more I would say just because things aren't inflated anymore. I have been through that area and it is beautiful. It is remote and it takes a special kind of person to live in a remote area alone like he has done.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by rdf View Post
    If 5 or 10 of us got together, the mortgage would be peanuts. We could build a waterslide or something else that attracts kids, who'll be screaming at their folks to pull over pull over!!! There's already an RV park.
    Great idea! Gotta have a bar and a church as well. People from around the world will be stopping. We'll make millions and show others how a city can be run without big government ruining it. It'll work, we'll make it work.
    From the time you were born till you ride in a hearse, there is nothing so bad that it couldn't be worse!

All fringe benifits must be authorized by Helen Waite, if you want your SCI fixed go to Helen Waite!

Why be politically correct when you can be right!

We could buy the town and put in a Walmart.
    Anything worth doing, is worth doing to excess

From the article:
    Plus, even with the thousands of people who stop at the trading post every week, having no neighbors can make for a lonely existence.
    That's a lot of potential customers if they had something to spend their money on.
    Great idea! Gotta have a bar and a church as well. People from around the world will be stopping. We'll make millions and show others how a city can be run without big government ruining it. It'll work, we'll make it work.

Thanks!

There's 10 acre's to drink and worship.....We can sell alcohol and bibles in the store.

No big box stores....We need that money LOL

We want them to buy something, stay a few days, and leave.

A bar, a huge gift shop, a restaurant, a playground, etc. Possibilities are endless...water slide, go kart track, petting zoo, buffalo roaming free...yes we can make it work Oldtimer, er, I mean Chief.

Quote Originally Posted by darkeyed_daisy View Post
    There's 10 acre's to drink and worship.....We can sell alcohol and bibles in the store.

No big box stores....We need that money LOL

We want them to buy something, stay a few days, and leave.

Thanks!