Page 1 of 21 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Beijing - CJO's Big Trip

Beijing - CJO's Big Trip

Well, in 18 hours I will be on my way to Beijing. Thank you to everybody that is wishing me well.

Tim and Bob (the true pioneers) have paved the way and given great comfort to me and those that will be accompanying me overseas. It sounds as if the hospital staff is treating them as minor celebrities and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't looking forward to that.

I need to thank my angelic mother who will be caring for me. She never left my side for the four and a half months after my injury and has always been there for the last two years since I&rsquove been home. At least this trip is planned and won&rsquot be as long as the initial hospitalization.

I'm not a pioneer and I'm not brave for doing this; I'm just like many of you who are striving for increased functionality to alleviate the obstacles that our spinal cord injuries have presented us with. There are no guarantees from this procedure. I'm not expecting anything from this procedure (like a 4 year old who EXPECTS presents from Santa Claus just because). Rather than expecting return, I will be hoping, praying, and working my ass off for it. My ultimate goal at this time is to gain enough function to have triceps and some use of my hands so that I may live independently. If that goal is not achieved this time around, I will continue to fight. I believe the solutions are out there.

I would like to thank Dr. Young, Jeff, the moderators, the wonderful nurses, and all of the members of this site. Without finding you, I may have given up hope. It's truly been a pleasure over the last year.

For those of you that are interested, I:

Am a 25 year old male (turn 26 over there)
    Am a C5/6 (ever so slight wrist extensors) complete ASIA A
    Was injured April 13, 2001 in a motor vehicle accident
    Had an MRI done in February
    Have been in contact with Dr. Huang since February
    **I urge all new members with questions to do a little research on this site before asking Dr. Huang for information. The answers to most questions have been answered repeatedly. He's a very busy man.**

My biggest concerns about the trip:

A comfortable pillow
    The food
    Missing my Vikings games
    Missing friends and family

To a certain young lady: whether it&rsquos 1 year, 2 years, or 10 years till they get this regeneration problem figured out - I'm still coming after you.

[Adding the photo so it doesn't get buried by future posts.]

[This message was edited by Jeff on 10-03-03 at 12:59 PM.]

CJO, Tim and Bob - you are all pioneers. You are all heros to all of us. You are all so very brave. Just imagine the hope that fills the hearts of all of us. Please take that hope with you as a gift for your continued bravery!

As other types of procedures become available, we will need more like you.

Good luck and Bless you!

CJO - Your post brought tears to my eyes. As a mother of a daughter with a SCI, I certainly appreciated your lovely tribute to your Mother. Give her a hug for me.

I am sending you my best wishes for a successful surgery with a "miraculous" recovery. I am glad that you will have fellow CareCure people there so you can all help to support each other.

Good Luck to you CJO, Tim and Handibob. My thoughts and prayers are with you all.

Darlene

"Miraculous only means to surpass the highest expected ability"!

CJO,

GOOD LUCK!! Keep in touch, and you're a lot braver than you give your self credit for. You're a person of humility and I admire that!

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us as you start this very important journey.
    And lots of luck to you, TimC and Handibob!

It is very encouraging to all of us to see the three of you taking personal action towards a cure. May positive results soon follow.

Cjo;
    I will also be hoping and praying for your recovery.
    I am so thankful to all of you guys for doing this. You guys to me are people we can all trust. It means alot to have "close friends", if by nothing else the # of times we log-in, actually going over there and basicaly testing this whole OEG thing out for us...I just wish there was more we could do for you and the others.
    All this negative PR BS Leo was subjected to is way beyond me.
    It's really too damn bad.

GOOD Luck to the three of you and those who are soon to follow...
    posibly me??

CJO:

I wish you well and I will be following your updates closely. Thank you for sharing this important medical procedure that you are undergoing.

Good luck!

PN

Good luck and best wishes for your journey. I hope all goes well for you and this thing works for you too. You really are a pioneer for us, one of the first to have this done that actually can give us first hand accounts of their experiences with this, you have my respect for doing this. Again, good luck!

Good Luck Chris, I just added your Stats to my post in the Dr. Huang post which is featured at the top of the page. This will allow us to monitor any changes easily in everyone before and after the procedure. I will plan on adding everyone I know of from this site to this post who has the procedure done by Dr. Huang.

Good Luck, I should be going there too, but I chickened out. I think it is best to do Quads first anyhow. It is you guys who stand to gain the most as it could be the difference between living independantly and not. Hope the trip goes well over there. Take Care.

"Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

[This message was edited by Curtis on 09-20-03 at 09:51 PM.]

CJO just wanted to tell you good luck.You are a pioneer and thank you.