View Poll Results: How many people who have had the Huang Procedure in Beijing have improved?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Improved substantially (major sensory and motor return)

4 16.67%
  • Improved slightly (some sensory and motor)

12 50.00%
  • Did not change very much or at all

8 33.33%
  • Had a slight loss of function (lost some strength and sensation)

0 0%
  • Had a substantial loss of function (had ascent of neurological level)

0 0%
Page 48 of 53 FirstFirst ... 38394041424344454647484950515253 LastLast

Thread: Beijing - Wish to contact Dr. Huang? Please post here!

DR. Huang, I also would like any info. or requirements for your procedure. zimdweeby@aol.com thank you, Michael

dear doctor ,
    i have quilifi for your prosdier and your secretry LILI LI has given me the time of MAR,2007. Is this time is confirmed. How many companions come with me for my assestance.Please tell me about expences of juorny and stay are included in 20000$ or with out .my e mail is
    drinayat2000@yahoo.com

Dr Huang,

As with many others, i would like to know whether i qualify for your procedure.
    Please contact me nicky@ceinternet.com.au

Thankyou so much.

Hi Wise,

Aren't those poll numbers a perfect bell curve? 20%-60%-20%.

Would a placebo-like intervention (dependent upon post-injury elapsed time for expected return) be likely to give the same results?

I realize the sample is probably too small to even consider an accurate assessment.

Or doesn't the comparison apply in this situation?
    "Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle." - Philo of Alexandria

Bob, All the patients who answered in this poll were several years or more after injury. To my knowledge, all were neurological stable when they had the surgery and the transplant. A majority (75%) showed some improvement from the procedure. If the treatment had no effect, one would expect the bell-curve to be centered about no change. Three people (18.75%) believe that they had substantial improvement as a result of the procedure.

Wise.

Quote Originally Posted by bob clark
    Hi Wise,

Aren't those poll numbers a perfect bell curve? 20%-60%-20%.

Would a placebo-like intervention (dependent upon post-injury elapsed time for expected return) be likely to give the same results?

I realize the sample is probably too small to even consider an accurate assessment.

Or doesn't the comparison apply in this situation?
    Last edited by Wise Young; 11-02-2005 at 05:53 PM.

Exclamation gypsye

Hi Doctor

Im from South Africa & I'm very interested in your procedure my email address is gypsye_girl@hotmail.com

Regards
    Thanx

Dr. Haung, My husband has sent a MRI to Dr. Lima in portugal for his surgery. We are also interested in yours. Please e-mail me at gusandkidz@yahoo.com so we can get on you list. Thank you

Dr. Huang
    I am also interested in your procedure and would like to know if I qualify. 3 1/2 years post c5, c6 incomplete. tbdeaux@cox.net

Thanks,
    Chuck Thibodeaux

Had surgery in March 2005

Dr. Huang,
    This is Alan. Had your surgery in March. You may remember my mother the nurse. would like to update you on my progress. If you have your web site up and running please have Byrd e-mail it to me.

merco@comcast.net

Hi merco,

we will be glad to know ur progress by the procedure.Please post.

Shweta