Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Beijing - HandiBob/Bob's OEG surgery report

PaulaMc , i would urge you to consider the possible consequences of media publicity at this stage . this link http://carecure.org/forum/showthread.php?t=18086
    shows some very unwanted and unwarranted attention another member received through the media over this procedure . the pro lifers may have a ''welcome home celebration '' waiting for these people on their return to the US . i am guessing this , but it may have implications for Dr Huang to Publish in Scientific Journals . it would not be difficult for the Brownback Bill to be modified to include a clause that US citizens who receive therapies involving fetal cells be arrested and charged on their return to the states . if you do get media attention for this procedure , i would suggest that you ask other patients permission before mentioning their names , and i would implore you not to mention this [CareCure] site .
    thank you ,
    dogger

every day i wake up is a good one .

[This message was edited by dogger on 09-19-03 at 06:37 PM.]

I wish you all the best guys your our ambassadors now there in China, and I feel that your mission is better & worth something more than that of Armstrong when he landed on the mood. I hope you will be able to say with proud "One small step for man, One giant leap for mankind"!
    Best of Wishes
    Blessings from all the good guys in this world, saints, angels ....
    Dr Nader; Egypt
    PS. Do not Fail us BOYS

Dr Nader

Dogger, You're probably right, it could result in bad consequenses. I'll just keep my mouth shut should I hear back from them.

Dear Bob, Tim, and soon to be there CJO,

Hi guys...it absolutely thrills me that I can sit here at this computer and tell you that I am praying for you and for everyone involved in this project, be it patients, or medical professionals.

I didn't even know what the project was about until I heard something in chat one night...and then I read some posts about it. But cjo's upcoming arrival made me dig a little deeper here to see what was really going on...and I am glad I did.

I am praying for you all very much. I hope you all get along wonderfuly well healthwise. And I hope you keep smiling no matter what. And I hope you remember that seemingly, the outcome of your being there will be worth whatever you have to go through to get there...so smile!

Know you are all covered in prayer!

God Bless,

Teena

Hello Everyone Just an update from Beijing it is now noon on Sunday September 21, 2003 and we are waiting to take a muscle function test this afternoon. Surgery looks like it's a definite on Tuesday and so far everything seems to be going well. In response to some of the members concerns over news media coverage, I think at this point it is really not an issue. The media will probably never send anybody here until we have proof that the therapy works and that's the reason were here. In my opinion I don't think contacting the media is either a good or a bad idea, I just don't think their ready to listen yet. As far as the right to life issue, again I don't think it's necessary to address at this time, it is not a big deal. Right now the most important thing is for the three of us to have the surgery and to hopefully to have the results to be able to prove that it works. So everyone just take a deep breath quit worrying about all of the maybe issues the three of us will keep you posted in our progress hopefully on a daily basis. If not us as we will be a little incapacitated, our Beautiful caregivers will take over. P.S. my beautiful wife is typing this message(Hahahahaha) Talk to you all soon
    we look forward to Chris' arrival tomorrow afternoon and we will take good care of him and his mom. We also heard a rumor that Wise is coming next month. Bob

There is no doubt that this brave adventure you three courageous individuals are on is very exciting. I hope that all of your hopes and dreams come true for you and all of us. Good Luck... George C. If there is anything I can do to help feel free to look in my profile for my email.

George Croushorn

The chatroom experts have determined that your surgeries will be at 7:00 PM tomorrow Central time. We have been glued to this site for days now, but look forward to the post that you are once again comfortable in your rooms. You and your families continue to be in our thoughts and prayers.

Beijing China is 12 hours ahead of the East Coast Standard Time. Here is the world clock:Click Here

Originally posted by Carl R:

Beijing China is 12 hours ahead of the East Coast Standard Time. Here is the world clock:http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/
    Interesting, why is Adelaide, South Australia 30 minutes off from the rest of the world? They are GMT +9:30 hours..

_____
    Learn from the mistakes of others, you won't live long enough to make all of them yourself.

Handibob:
    This is from your sister Vickie we are watching
    this site every day for good news. Want you to know all of EMMETT is praying for you.
    YOUR SISTER VIC