Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Beijing - Read me - Help TIM

Beijing - Read me - Help TIM

SEND NO MORE NEW MONEY, WE HIT THE TARGET!!!!

Tim C expressed the need for a shower/camode chair there in the hospital room in China. I can setup a web page quickly to allow for Paypal donations if someone will accept the raised money and order the chair/ then FedEx it to them in China.

Update: IP has donated a chair!! Now we need to ship it and it ain't cheap.FexEx is $468.86
    TARGET:$468.86 DONATE BELOW...
    We'll beg and scream till the target is met or the last day of Sept. comes. Either way we owe IP the money. Let's make this work. Pledge and follow through.

Tim C Shower Chair Fund (China) Donate Here!

Dr. Young is this okay? I hope I'm not violating ay rules of the forum.

Anybody willing/able? Let's go let's get this movin'

Rusty

[This message was edited by Rusty Van Reeves on 09-15-03 at 04:36 PM.]

[This message was edited by Rusty Van Reeves on 09-15-03 at 05:43 PM.]

[This message was edited by Rusty Van Reeves on 09-16-03 at 10:37 AM.]

[This message was edited by mk99 on 09-17-03 at 07:07 PM.]

Sounds like a good cause.

Put me down for $50. That will probably pay for shipping costs.

I've got a paypal account. Are there any medical supply people out there who can arrange for the sale of the equipment?

Or maybe someone's got a shower chair they'd be willing to donate.

I have an extra shower chair I can donate. It's used, missing one 'hook' under actual chair pad, but totally usable... Don't know if he'd want to have a used one, but it's available.

Glad to contribute. Dr. Young said this was an area for 60 SCI patients, if I understood correctly. Is there a storage area in each room if several chairs are available? Can we expect that the chairs would be available for US patients when they come for surgery or will these be available to the general population, first come first served? Does Dr Huang have an area designated for his patients? What else might be beneficial for those traveling around the world for surgery?

Sounds like we have at least one option here.

I'd be happy to send a check/paypal/money order/whatever to ip if he (or she) would be willing to ship the shower bench.

I'm leaving for a couple of hours. Will check back later to see if there are any other options available.

If it were me waiting to take a shower, I'd be in a bit of a hurry. Can ip or anyone else be ready to ship by tomorrow?

IP,

That's the spirit! Fantastic! Call FedEx or UPS and Line em up.

THANKS to you too Jan... now, let's get an address of where to FedEx/UPS the thing.

IP, I'm sure we'll all be willing to chip in on the FedEx/UPS bill. Just post a total and where you want it mailed bro.

What's the ADDRESS for Tim C??? Anybody??? Let's get this shitter in the air... c'mon now give me a destination for IP to send to....

Rusty

I WOULD BE HAPPY TO SEND SOME MONEY TO HELP, JUST TELL ME WHERE TO SEND IT!!!

What is Dr. Huang's mailing address? Could anybody help?
    Let's get the shitter there the fastest way possible.

Janet

Shower Chair Fund (China)

One chair has been generously donated. Let's raise what we can in the next two weeks. The last day of September @noon is the cutoff.

Rusty

I just called FEDEX, kind of sticker shock.

I'm estimating: 50lb, 12in x 40in x 40in

Fedex Economy, gets there Sep 23rd plus day for local delivery: $468.86

Fedex Priority, gets there Sep 18th, plus one day local delivery: $950.21

Still wanna do it?