Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bladder Infection won't go away

That's a good point CG. I remember being told that sepsis can occur from bladder, kidney infection ... Then your chances are 50/50.

I don't think this thread was hijacked.

Good luck with your treatment CG.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer View Post
    That's a good point CG. I remember being told that sepsis can occur from bladder, kidney infection ... Then your chances are 50/50.

I don't think this thread was hijacked.

Good luck with your treatment CG.
    yes. i had sepsis from a UTI many years ago. was laying in the E.R. and was told that it was a crap shoot whether i lived or died and what kind of will to live i had. was in hospital for almost 2 weeks.
    "Smells like death in a bucket of chicken!"
    http://www.elportavoz.com/

Quote Originally Posted by crypticgimp View Post
    i have the mitro + augment and intermittent cath when i feel i need to go. that is usually about ever 6 - 8 hours. i use the vet to wipe the stoma and was doing well with just that when WHAM this uti came. i did 40cc of vetericyn for 40 min 2x. previous experiments showed if i did more or left it in longer i'd get bad diarrhea. but just like the last time i used instillations, i got worse, not better. i did a round of keflex, was fine for 2 days after, then i had the same symptoms. was put on macrobid then switched to keflex again but 3x a day. i ended up in the er with diarrhea and vomiting. now i go for the picc today or tomorrow. i've got 3 different bacteria in my bladder which has NEVER happened before.

here my drs call a c&s a urinalysis. interesting how ppl use the terminology.
    How could veterycyn in bladder cause diarrhea?

I was having similar symptoms. Almost continuous UTIs. Then the SHepherd Ctr Dr put me on daily methenamine and I haven't had another UTI in six months. Dr said they weren't sure exactly how it acts but that it helped some people. Good luck in getting this under control!

Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer View Post
    Sorry CP .. a PICC line with your schedule would NOT be easy. Hope it all goes smoothly .. and I don't miss those things!!!
    Since you and CG were voicing concern over how difficult it may be to work this IV therapy into her schedule, I brought up these pumps as an alternative to having to be tethered to an IV bag and pole. Many people don't know that these elastomeric pumps exist. When I was being treated for a particularly nasty urinary tract infection, I used them 4 times a day and had a lot of freedom to carry on with my day.

Hope we hear back from "kescobar," the original poster to learn if any of our discussion or ideas were helpful.

All the best,
    GJ

Quote Originally Posted by gjnl View Post
    Since you and CG were voicing concern over how difficult it may be to work this IV therapy into her schedule, I brought up these pumps as an alternative to having to be tethered to an IV bag and pole. Many people don't know that these elastomeric pumps exist. When I was being treated for a particularly nasty urinary tract infection, I used them 4 times a day and had a lot of freedom to carry on with my day.

Hope we hear back from "kescobar," the original poster to learn if any of our discussion or ideas were helpful.

All the best,
    GJ
    i did not voice concern over having a picc line. i don't feel they are difficult and the only time you're tethered is when you gotta do the IV. i would find using that system you mentioned to be VERY annoying as a 4x a day treatment would just be a lot to handle with my schedule. but it's good for ppl to know whats out there as far as treatment

xsfxsf: from what i recall from other threads, the vet can traverse the bladder wall into the bowels, killing off the bacteria causing diarrhea
    "Smells like death in a bucket of chicken!"
    http://www.elportavoz.com/

Quote Originally Posted by crypticgimp View Post
    i did not voice concern over having a picc line. i don't feel they are difficult and the only time you're tethered is when you gotta do the IV. i would find using that system you mentioned to be VERY annoying as a 4x a day treatment would just be a lot to handle with my schedule. but it's good for ppl to know whats out there as far as treatment

xsfxsf: from what i recall from other threads, the vet can traverse the bladder wall into the bowels, killing off the bacteria causing diarrhea
    Sorry, guess it was just "lynnifer" who voiced concern about your schedule.

There is really nothing VERY annoying about using the elastomeric pumps. Of course having to administer anything 4 times a day is a time demand issue, I grant you that.

Get well.

All the best,
    GJ

I hope I can help.

Hi there,
    I'm not sure if you are even checking this posting anymore, but hopefully you will. I self-catherize in order to pee and used to get infections CONSTANTLY - once every two weeks, and the only reason it was that "infrequent" is because I'd be on antibiotics for 1 of those weeks. My saviours have been:
    1) Biomed Basic (Alkalanizing) Powder, 1 tsp in the morning and evening, on an empty stomach. This makes the liquid in your urine more alkaline and:
    2) 1 heaping teaspoon of D-mannose in water. I use the Waterfall brand. Important: Sip this intermittently throughout the day. Don't gulp it all in one shot. (The Biomed you can gulp in one shot). I put it in a thermos and just carry it around with me throughout the day. This gets rid of the e.coli and about 95% of bacteria that causes bladder infections.
    I haven't had an infection in years.
    Best of luck and I hope your suffering minimizes/evaporates.
    Email: raindropsonroses@yahoo.com