Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pain from cystoscope and bladder stone removal

Pain from cystoscope and bladder stone removal

I had a cystoscope and bladder stones removal on Monday. I felt great all day Monday. But I have been in a lot of pain on and off since Tuesday evening. I'm experiencing severe cramping all across my lower stomach. I'm also having a hard time sitting up because of the pain. I have been taking the pain pills but they have not always helped. It is possible that the pain is menstral cramps, but I haven't started yet, so I'm not completely sure that is what it is. Is there anything I can do to ease this pain? I'm tired of laying around in bed all day, but just sitting in my chair causes the pain to start.

PLEASE be VERY careful with a heating pad - they can cause a lot of problems. It sounds as though the combo of your period coming and your bladder stone removal may be increasing your discomfort. The stone removal will cause bladder spasms, and once you pass the crushed stone you will feel better. Make sure you are drinking enough. Are you running a fever? Are you on an antibiotic?

CKF

I'm feeling much better. I guess my bladder was more irritated than usual this time. The pain/cramps eased off Thursday afternoon. I still haven't started my period so I don't if that was causing the cramps. I have not had a fever at all this week. I was taking bactrim from last Wednesday until this Wednesday. I also have lortab pain pills, but I haven't needed them since Thursday.

I had a biopsy done with this procedure. Will the dr. office call with those results or will I have to wait until I go in for my follow up? I was told that I don't need a follow up visit for four weeks though. I'm trying not to worry, but I would think that if something showed up on the biopsy results, the dr. would want to see me sooner.

My general rule about getting test results, if I don't have an immediate follow up appointment is 7 days after the procedure. If I haven't heard from the doctor's office within 7 days, I call and ask for the results.

I live in California and state laws allow patients to request test and lab results to be sent to them by mail, faxed or picked up at the facility where the tests/blood work was done. Recently, NL had a blood test for vitamin D level. She requested lab results and received them by mail in about 4 days. On the 7th (business) day, she had not heard from her doctor with instructions about continuing or discontinuing prescription vitamin D. She called the doctor's office and asked a member of the staff what she should do. In two hours, she got a call from the staff with instructions from the doctor.

If I have any kind of procedural test, ultra sound, colonoscopy, endoscopy, CT/PET scan, I sign a request form for results at the facility where the test is performed. In about 4 business days after the test, I get a copy of the radiologist's report and a compact disc with the actual films.

I think we need to expect at least this level of service from our doctors and testing facilities. If we don't get it, we should look for doctors and providers who understand that we are not children and will work with us in a partnership.

So, yes "faith 9778," by all means call your provider's office for results.

All the best,
    GJ

The biopsies always cause me to hurt more and cramp a lot after cystoscopy. It seems it just irritates it for some reason and sometimes it takes a couple of weeks for me to get back to normal too.

I hope you are feeling better. They should call you with the results. If not call them in 10 days. Give them time to get everything back. Don't worry too much.
    T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

Totally agree- you should call if you haven't heard. The old adage, no news is good news does not apply here. You have the right to the results, so by all means call. However, give them a few days to a week to get them back.

I, too get my results s3nt to me. The only problem is that you may not understand all the terms, in which case, call your doctor.

Let us know how you are doing.'

CKF

It will be a week tomorrow since I had the biospy. I have to call for a follow up visit soon so I will ask when I call about that.

I almost fell this evening and strained my lower stomach. So now I'm hurting again. But I think the pain is from where my hernia is. I guess I should see about getting that checked out before it becomes a problem.

In that area, with a doctor's approval, I go with Alka Seltzer because it goes right to where it hurts fast. Hope your news is good.
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

I called the doctor today for my results. I was told that the test came back negative for cancer and that everything is okay. The results showed that the spots was from chronic inflammation. I will ask more about that at my follow up visit.