Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Under chair pouches

Thanks again Katja, you've been very helpful!
    Quote Originally Posted by Katja View Post
    Here's the contact info:

DVANTAGE BAG COMPANY
    TORRANCE CA 90505
    (800) 556-6307 FAX: (310) 316-2561
    about:email advantagebag@verizon.net

I've ordered on the website several times, and have also spoken to the owner by phone. No problems.
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by rdf View Post
    Thanks again Katja, you've been very helpful!
    Sportaid also has both bags.

I'm going to sew a version of the down under flat pac for myself. Just haven't done it yet. I do need to buy the zippers, but I have everything else.

I currently use a bike handlebar bag. Its similar to this one: http://www.campingworld.com/shopping...bike-bag/49394

It has a main large pocket with a small pocket inside, and a smaller pocket on the front. I use the velcro attachments to hang it off my bottom rigidizer bar. Its easy for me to reach under the seat. You can kinda see it here http://m38.photobucket.com/albumview...8.jpg.html?o=5
    Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.

Thank you so much for posting this! It's exactly what I've been looking for! I have a larger under chair "compartment" by adaptable designs, which is great for carrying a lot of stuff, but it hits my legs. I really just want something for catheters, and this flat pack will do the job!

Quote Originally Posted by 2TiRods View Post
    I use the down under "flat pack". It has one large pouch on top which I put my catheters, and two separate pouches on the bottom where I keep the keys and wallet. I really like it because you can't tell that is it there.

Available in 2 sizes:
    WH180 (14W x 11D)
    WH180N (12W x 11D)

http://www.advantagebag.com/wheelcha...nder_bags2.htm

Quote Originally Posted by jgrant27 View Post
    Thank you so much for posting this! It's exactly what I've been looking for! I have a larger under chair "compartment" by adaptable designs, which is great for carrying a lot of stuff, but it hits my legs. I really just want something for catheters, and this flat pack will do the job!
    This is exactly how I feel. CC is wonderful. I never would have known about this bag and it's what I've been looking for, for years. I still would like to hear from someone who has it to hear if things fall out when you unzip it, I mean do you have to kind of hold everything back when you open it? I just plan to keep keys, wallet, door opener, wipes etc in there.

I had the lady on da phone explain it to me. Two front pockets with zippers, one large shelf above, with zippers. The pockets can hold your keys and wallet, she said they were big enough.

I don't see why stuff would fall from inside. Just hook it up so the slope is the same as your dump.

I've ordered mine already.
    Quote Originally Posted by grommet View Post
    This is exactly how I feel. CC is wonderful. I never would have known about this bag and it's what I've been looking for, for years. I still would like to hear from someone who has it to hear if things fall out when you unzip it, I mean do you have to kind of hold everything back when you open it? I just plan to keep keys, wallet, door opener, wipes etc in there.
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

http://www.kmart.com/shc/s/p_10151_1...5&blockType=G5

Here's a link to a small visor pouch that could easily be strung between the frame rails under the seat.
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by grommet View Post
    This is exactly how I feel. CC is wonderful. I never would have known about this bag and it's what I've been looking for, for years.
    I've been mentioning that bag all over here for the past couple months
    Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.

Quote Originally Posted by titanium4motion View Post
    I went to J.C. Penney women's purse department and bought an Arizona nylon and leather handbag with a zipper on top with a front open pocket for keys. Inside is another zippered pouch for airline tickets and or passport plus room for other items for $20. After the purchase take it over to the men's suit department tailor and ask him to sew your old pouch connectors to the new purse. $5. You're ready to go!

Once I got home I cut off the old nylon straps that loop around the 'chair frame that hold the other side of the connector and replaced them with two 3/8" wide black tie wraps on each side.

Ti
    Sounds like a good way to put together what you need.
    Or find a good leather bag and take to a shoe repair of leather stitcher and have it customize.
    Everyone's situation is different.
    My spouse has big backpack, but he is never alone where someone could steal and needs to carry respiratory supplies.
    I should add he can not reach any of the supplies so the convenience is more for myself.

My only problem with the bags that lay under the seat is that it is a bit awkward looking to fish between your legs everytime you want you wallet in public. It's why I prefer the "down under" bag that hangs lower and it is clear to anyone watching you are going into your bag instead of wondering what you are doing to your crotch area.