Thread: InVivo Therapeutics’ CEO Frank Reynolds Scheduled to Appear on St. Louis’ Fox 2 News

InVivo Therapeutics’ CEO Frank Reynolds Scheduled to Appear on St. Louis’ Fox 2 News

InVivo Therapeutics’ CEO Frank Reynolds Scheduled to Appear on St. Louis’ Fox 2 News in the Morning

print this article - email to a friend - join our eNewsletter
    Submitted by admin on 3/7/2012 @ 3:00 AM
    Companies mentioned in this article: InVivo Therapeutics Holdings Corp.
    CAMBRIDGE, Mass. -- (BUSINESS WIRE) -- InVivo Therapeutics Holdings Corp. (OTC/BB: NVIV), a developer of groundbreaking technologies for the treatment of spinal cord injuries (SCI), today announced that CEO Frank Reynolds is scheduled to appear on KTVI-TV’s Fox 2 News in the Morning at 7:40 am CDT on Monday, March 12th in St. Louis, MO.

read...

http://www.freshnews.com/news/620905...2-news-morning

Interesting things I saw from this interview....

Invivo Therapeutics is meeting with the FDA in April. They hope to start humans in June. They expect the acute product to be on the market at the end of 2013. "For the chronic injury, we are working with cell partners and we need those technologies to advance."

The monkey in the video had a hemisection injury (cut 50% of spinal cord) to paralyze the left hind leg. At the time of injury, they injected the human neural stem cells. They have injured and treated over 40 monkeys and every single one of them was up and walking in about 3 weeks.

At 2:06 minutes into the interview.....there was a question from an email viewer....(me)...who asked about needing chronic therapies.

So, your voice can be heard. You just have to take action.

I read about he scheduled interview last week (in this thread) and decided to email the news station asking them if they could ask Invivo Therapeutics a few questions. Looks like it worked. I didn't get the answer I wanted (or hoped to hear), but at least the question was asked. We need chronic therapies.

Check out the interview here....

http://fox2now.com/2012/03/12/new-ho...-sGDMblENNn-T_

Quote Originally Posted by 2TiRods View Post

Invivo Therapeutics is meeting with the FDA in April. They hope to start humans in June. They expect the acute product to be on the market at the end of 2013. "For the chronic injury, we are working with cell partners and we need those technologies to advance."

The monkey in the video had a hemisection injury (cut 50% of spinal cord) to paralyze the left hind leg. At the time of injury, they injected the human neural stem cells. They have injured and treated over 40 monkeys and every single one of them was up and walking in about 3 weeks.

At 2:06 minutes into the interview.....there was a question from an email viewer....(me)...who asked about needing chronic therapies.

I read about he scheduled interview last week (in this thread) and decided to email the news station asking them if they could ask Invivo Therapeutics a few questions. Looks like it worked. I didn't get the answer I wanted (or hoped to hear), but at least the question was asked. We need chronic therapies.

Good job!

When we hear researchers talking we should focus on WHAT THEY ARE NOT telling us!
    Then we must ask questions!

Paolo
    In God we trust; all others bring data. - Edwards Deming

im curious to know if whatever the monkeys got has been tried in chronics. or if lets say they call an acute 6 weeks or less (i really dont know, just saying) could if possibly help some people at 8 or 12 weeks?

Quote Originally Posted by 2TiRods View Post

Yes watched the interview must say filled me full of hope . But i think it is not as easy as that . What will the FDA come up with to say sorry we are not to sure a bout this just yet. Can yous come back with more safety and information on it .
    AS I SIT HERE IN MY CHAIR . I LOOK OUT UPON THE GROUND .I WONDER WILL I EVER GET UP AND WALK A ROUND ??

http://justadollarplease.org

filled me with hope as well... hope that others wont have to go through what we all are.

I wish he would complete/show his results in a better injury model.